Author Topic: Senators have doubts about universal background checks for gun transfers  (Read 5158 times)

Offline Zeteo

• First Name (Displayed): Al
No law ever prevented a crime.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Looks like this might be dying...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/31/senators-have-doubts-about-universal-background-ch/

:)
These are NOT background checks. These "checks" are no different that the "No fly list." A name is matched to a list of names. If the names match... No sale.

A background check occurs when a specific persons record is checked for possible prohibiting entries.

Even Senator Abraham had a hard time getting through airport security because of their background checks. What a mess the national registry of names is.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Raggs

These are NOT background checks. These "checks" are no different that the "No fly list." A name is matched to a list of names. If the names match... No sale.

A background check occurs when a specific persons record is checked for possible prohibiting entries.

Even Senator Abraham had a hard time getting through airport security because of their background checks. What a mess the national registry of names is.

+1

Offline WilDChilD

+1
BFF's?

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
If these politicians that are trying to fix the sandy hook murders would pull their heads from their ass for a few seconds they would realize that a background check wouldn't have prevented the murders in the first place.

Offline bignaz

If these politicians that are trying to fix the sandy hook murders would pull their heads from their ass for a few seconds they would realize that a background check wouldn't have prevented the murders in the first place.

Its liberals ad as we all know they are dumb ass's and have no common sense. All liberals.  If they wanna prevent stuff like that from happening they need to stop fixing it because they cant fix anything they just make matters much worse. I for one am waiting for their new gun laws to bite them in the ass and see that murder rate in that state go way up. Just like the other communist states.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Its statist ad as we all know they are dumb ass's and have no common sense. All statists.  If they wanna prevent stuff like that from happening they need to stop fixing it because they cant fix anything they just make matters much worse. I for one am waiting for their new gun laws to bite them in the ass and see that murder rate in that state go way up. Just like the other communist states.

FIFY.  Let's not be partisan about this.  Both Republicans and Democrats have carried the flag of statism at different times.  Both deserve scorn.

Sometimes the "conservatives" are no better (nay -- even worse) than the "liberals".  Statism needs to be ridiculed most!
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
BFF's?

I'd say so -- at least until Pat says otherwise. ;)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 12:09:50 AM by TheQ »
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
I'd say so -- at least until Pat says otherwise. ;)
After all, she is a sweetheart.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update