Author Topic: New App to Mark "Dangerous Gun Owners"  (Read 4867 times)

Offline FASBOLD

• First Name (Displayed): Larry
New App to Mark "Dangerous Gun Owners"
« on: July 08, 2013, 04:39:30 PM »
I read their guidelines and the first few paragraphs make sense, and they reference the Second Amendment.

http://gungeomarker.org/gun-marking-guidelines/

Then they go off on gun rights organizations like the NRA and indicate the only "danger" from them is political.

They do mention the four safety rules, but are obviously not really about gun rights. They state that their position on "safety" is common sense.

They also say don't mark locations where there is gang or mob-related criminal activity.

How is this information useful? This isn't any better than what that newspaper did in New York.

What about criminals who use this information to get more guns? That's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

This is very irresponsible. I hope it gets pulled from the app store. Not sure it will.

What is to prevent a neighborhood dispute from getting some wacko to tag their neighbor? I know too many "adults" who think they are still in middle school and such behavior is appropriate.

This smacks of fellow citizens ratting each other out to the Party/Secret Police (Nazis  -Gestapo, Communists - KGB, Stasi, etc.).

Even better, they launched the app on Google Play on July 4th.
"The people of these United States are the rightful masters of both Congresses and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
~ Abraham Lincoln
"Too young to die, too old to take an ass whippin'."
~ Unknown

Offline Jeff

Re: New App to Mark "Dangerous Gun Owners"
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 05:48:51 PM »
That makes me a bit angry.

Trolls will just mark everything though.

Offline hevymetal

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 07:25:31 PM »
Finally, there is at least one particular situation in which you should certainly not use the Walkingtools Gun Geo Marker. If you have direct, personal knowledge or even a suspicion that guns are being used in context of organized criminal activity, then it may be extremely risky for you to mark related locations.

LOL, this includes the whole city of Detroit.

This reinforces my firm belief 99.99999999% of all the apps in the Google Play store are crap and/or malware, ad ridden viruses.

Organized crime should make an app to mark the houses of the Anti's to make it easier to know which areas are Criminal Empowerment Zones.

Offline bignaz

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 11:47:25 PM »
I'll put my house on that list. Then mark a 2 mile death blossom around it just to let them know how far my .338M and .50 reach. Hope hey put side notes and them them know im a OIF and Afg. Vet so if anyone wants a gun and thinks they are going to just break into my house and get on they know that there going to have to earn that fiream because once you kick in my door there are only two ways of leaving my house. In a bag or over mkydead body on a pile of empy brass.

Offline dhardy57

Re: Re: New App to Mark "Dangerous Gun Owners"
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 01:41:11 PM »
... once you kick in my door there are only two ways of leaving my house. In a bag or over mkydead body on a pile of empy brass.
Amen, preach it brother!   

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Re: New App to Mark "Dangerous Gun Owners"
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 02:16:50 PM »
I'll put my house on that list. Then mark a 2 mile death blossom around it
LOL

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro using Tapatalk 4 Beta

« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 02:38:20 PM by gryphon »

Offline Jeff

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 08:47:24 PM »
Just make sure you reload that brass buddy, don't toss it.