Author Topic: going to boston monday  (Read 4885 times)

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
going to boston monday
« on: April 19, 2013, 12:28:58 PM »
my work is sending me to andover, mass. for training until may 1st. i have to fly monday into boston first. i called andover police to get some handgun info. i already knew they had no reciprocity with mich for CPL. remind me not to move to mass. a female officer said i could not even possess a handgun for any reason. if i were driving thru and had it secured unloaded blah blah but if flying in for a few days absolutely not. she then asked why i felt i needed one anyway and in light of recent events there it wouldn't be a good idea. i of course said in light of recent events it was in fact a VERY good idea and my reason is the same for any other law abiding citizen who wants the right of self protection. she then told me she doesnt even carry a weapon off duty. i told her i was former LEO in texas and that idea was unheard of.
looking at the news today after they know the identity of the bombers it bothers me that this wasn't an organized terrorist activity but just 2 disinfranchised idiot kids. brings home the idea what criminal chaos that can be created by just about anybody and reason or motive have little bearing on making sense of this. you would be trying to place logic where non exists.
wish me luck in gun hating, liberal, victim state of mass. unarmed and uncomfortable.
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Re: going to boston monday
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 08:00:08 PM »
my work is sending me to andover, mass. for training until may 1st. i have to fly monday into boston first. i called andover police to get some handgun info. i already knew they had no reciprocity with mich for CPL. remind me not to move to mass. a female officer said i could not even possess a handgun for any reason. if i were driving thru and had it secured unloaded blah blah but if flying in for a few days absolutely not. she then asked why i felt i needed one anyway and in light of recent events there it wouldn't be a good idea. i of course said in light of recent events it was in fact a VERY good idea and my reason is the same for any other law abiding citizen who wants the right of self protection. she then told me she doesnt even carry a weapon off duty. i told her i was former LEO in texas and that idea was unheard of.
looking at the news today after they know the identity of the bombers it bothers me that this wasn't an organized terrorist activity but just 2 disinfranchised idiot kids. brings home the idea what criminal chaos that can be created by just about anybody and reason or motive have little bearing on making sense of this. you would be trying to place logic where non exists.
wish me luck in gun hating, liberal, victim state of mass. unarmed and uncomfortable.

I could have saved you time -- I would have just told you: you're screwed.  See how much time that saved you?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: going to boston monday
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 09:41:36 PM »
And this is the same type of gun control we would have inherited from Mitt Rmoney. afterall, he helped to implement it there.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update