Author Topic: Lawmaker responds to citizen's letter with racist rant  (Read 3727 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Lawmaker responds to citizen's letter with racist rant
« on: May 01, 2013, 07:34:54 PM »
JEFFERSON COUNTY, AL (WBRC) - A Jefferson County man was shocked to get an e-mail from a state lawmaker that included a racist rant.

Eddie Maxwell had written lawmakers, urging them not to restrict the rights of gun owners.  "I'm worried about walking these streets to protect myself. Not depending on the sheriff...I have a right, a God-given right that my Constitutions (sic) protect," Maxwell said.

Maxwell received this reply from Mobile Rep. Joseph Mitchell:

Your folk never used all this...to protect my fold from your slave-holding, murdering, adulterous, baby-raping, incestuous, snaggle-tooth, backward, inbreed (sic), imported criminal-minded kin folk.

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/21822736/lawmaker-responds-to-citizens-letter-with-racist-rant

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
Re: Lawmaker responds to citizen's letter with racist rant
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 08:37:00 AM »
Yeah that's bad. He should have not included "baby-raping".

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 09:53:10 AM »
Snaggle-Tooth? Backward?  Spells adulterous and incestuous right, but not inbred.

I'm guessing he type this one handed while holding a glass of bourbon.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline METL

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 01:32:25 PM »
So what exactly did they omit using the "..."???

I'm sure the media totally didn't twist anything or make it sound as bad as they could... they would never do that.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 03:29:59 PM »
I looked the quote up elsewhere.  The one above was edited in several places apparently.  Here is the full, complete sentence.  All spelling is as in the original.

“Your folk never used all this sheit to protect my folk from your slave-holding, murdering, adulterous, baby-raping, incestuous, snaggle-toothed, backward-assed, inbreed, imported criminal-minded kin folk.”

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 03:37:09 PM »
The entire back-and-forth email exchange can be read here:

http://www.wsfa.com/story/21816175/alabama-legislators-email-not-typical-reply

Offline METL

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 12:37:02 PM »
Well.... not too far off I guess...   first time for everything.  :D  Looks like mainly they were editing out the "swear" word, no?