Author Topic: Marysville open carry picnic  (Read 20687 times)

Offline smellslikemichigan

• MOC Member
Re: Marysville open carry picnic
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2010, 04:51:13 PM »
sorry, fixed it.
"I like users who quote themselves in their signature lines." -smellslikemichigan

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2010, 04:53:31 PM »
I just checked out the pic's.  I have to tell ya I am glad I didnt go it might have went well but I seen at least 2 either aks or ar and that would have been a deterrent sorry guys.

LOL What? Your not down with OCing impractical and over the top "Assault Weapons"? O Wait wait if they don't they wont look cool. Pretty much all I can say is. Keep up the good work, shouldn't take the state of Michigan too long to rewrite something to STOP OC all together. BRAVO!
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline FatboyCykes

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2010, 05:10:31 PM »
I just checked out the pic's.  I have to tell ya I am glad I didnt go it might have went well but I seen at least 2 either aks or ar and that would have been a deterrent sorry guys.

LOL What? Your not down with OCing impractical and over the top "Assault Weapons"? O Wait wait if they don't they wont look cool. Pretty much all I can say is. Keep up the good work, shouldn't take the state of Michigan too long to rewrite something to STOP OC all together. BRAVO!

If you want to discuss it logically, like an adult, take it to the Long Gun OC section, if instead you plan on continuing with your immaturity, I'm sure the mod will be happy to put all your childishness over there for you.  Oooor, better yet, start a new topic right here.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 05:12:47 PM by FatboyCykes »

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2010, 05:11:58 PM »
To be perfectly honest the only comment I have for you is.. Isnt it time for a new hat? Isn't that thing from like your grandfather?

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2010, 05:13:24 PM »
ooppss wrong thread... This forum is a pain. Anyway. Childish? Hmmm Immature? Hmmm must be part of the UFO wanna be clan?

Offline S45ACP

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2010, 05:14:55 PM »
I just checked out the pic's. 

Can someone help out this newbie?   Where are there pics? How do I get to them? 

I guess my video camera wasn't necessary but I did take one (jerky) picture of most of the crowd, panning from one end of the pavilion to the other if anyone has an interest.
"Freedom is not free"

Offline FatboyCykes

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2010, 05:21:52 PM »
I just checked out the pic's. 

Can someone help out this newbie?   Where are there pics? How do I get to them? 

I guess my video camera wasn't necessary but I did take one (jerky) picture of most of the crowd, panning from one end of the pavilion to the other if anyone has an interest.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glavere/sets/72157624375632992/

Offline S45ACP

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2010, 07:15:50 PM »
Thanks for helping a brother out  :D
"Freedom is not free"

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2010, 12:47:12 AM »
i posted this for a person asking about AK pistol OC holsters, and kinda went off topic and expressed a little agravation about anti-pistol AK posts on OCDO, and i thought it would be food for thought about the anti- long gun stuff about our succesful picnic in marysville. have at it!

there is a long gun weapon retention device that is made by BLACKHAWK Industries. its a velcro weapon catch that holds your long gun close to your side when repelling or running so that its not bouncing around and slapping your knees, which by the way really sucks! i don't have mine anymore but i do believe that it would work for your AK pistol. it works well with M4's but will also work equally well with AK's with the original would front grips, i don't know about the newer picatinny rails or other options that are now available. however their is a "catch" if you use this its not a one hand use item, you would need to grip the pistol grip, the with your "reaction" side hand pull open the velcro to release the weapon. i would advise a single point attachment sling also, since this weapon catch is not designed for regular everyday carry. SPECTRE gear has a great single point sling and so does blakchawk. i am looking into buying the FN SCAR-H side folder in .308 or a SIG556 in 5.56x45 side folder to register as a pistol so i can have a loaded long gun in my car, BTW thanks MI for that! and its sometimes neat to open carry a long gun, some open carry picnics it would be fun and some cities it would also just be a good idea for some.since detroit and flint have been ranked 1st and 6th in most dangerous cities in the U.S. granted everyday carry of these would be impractical. i will take static for that but its not a bad idea to have a long gun handy for self defense IMO handguns are a poor choice for self defense, a handgun should be used to fight your way to a long gun i keep my NHC 1911 by my bedside, but when i finally get a shotgun i will lock up the 1911 and use the shotgun for home defense. the reason handguns have been made the default firearm for self defense is not because they are better for self defense, its because they are easier to conceal, and carry daily. i also think rifle caliber semi-auto pistols are a poor choice for most is because of the recoil produced which leads to in-accuracy, and the "shoot through" or over penetration. new ammunition reduces this risk, and also reduces felt recoil but the size of the rifle caliber pistols is usually prohibitive. however due to MI laws certain rifles and shotguns in MI qualify as pistols in MI. the SIG side folder 556 and SCAR-L 5.56 and SCAR-H .308, mossberge shotguns and some shotguns with collapsing butstocks will qualify as pistols. to me the biggest advantage this gives someone is the fact that a long gun in MI must be unloaded and in a case. but if your long gun qualifies as a pistol in MI then your CPL would allow you to have your "long gun" loaded anywhere in your vehicle, hence bypassing the no loaded long gun rule. you can carry your pistol with you but now you have a rifle back up in your car, in rural areas and big cities this is a force multiplier that can't be over looked! but you should carry what you have, anygun is better than no gun at all! even a 1 shot .22 is better than nothing. but you should be very confident in what you carry AK pistol carry is not a legal issue, its a perception issue. at close range your AK pistol is absolutely more powerful than most handguns! its also more likely to over penetrate your "target" training can help fix accuracy, and good situational perception can limit over penetration issues, but it cannot remove it. IMO stick with handgun caliber pistols for everyday carry but don't limit yourself because of "perceptions" of rifle caliber pistols that others think is wrong just because of the way it looks. rememeber the Assault Weapons Ban of 94? the ban did nothing to limit the ballistics of the rifles it affected, it even helped the accuracy of some weapons! it just addressed the LOOK of scary guns! the weapons it affected most were hanguns by limiting the available mag capacity. not the ballistics of the rounds used, but the number! silly to a pro 2nd amendment person, but just good sense to an anti! it was a perception issue! not a practical issue!
well this is all just my opinion and personally i don't care whether someone carries a long gun daily or a rifle caliber pistol either! DO IT! its your RIGHT!!!!!!! and i will not try to push my OPINION, OR PERCEPTIONS on you! i will not force my opinion on someone who wants to open carry a long gun, or a rifle caliber pistol!by law a pistol is a pistol! AR, AK, or 1911 or SIG, FN, GLOCK, its a pistol! BY LAW! it no diffrent that red t-shirt vs. blue t-shirt! its a personal choice! my choice could be diffrent, but its MY CHOICE!
Carry ON!
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such goverment, and to provide new gaurds for their future security. United States Constitution.