Author Topic: Credit Union - No Guns Allowed Sign - Advice and Opinions Welcome  (Read 4972 times)

Offline JaccFrost

• What do I have to be afraid of? Nothing...
  • First Name (Displayed): Joe
What would be the best approach to talk with my Credit Union about removing their "No-Guns Allowed" sign and allow lawful carry?

I feel that if they [the credit union] are unwilling to remove the sign and allow lawful carry, I will close my account and bank elsewhere.

The sign has been posted for some time now, not really sure how long. I have money direct deposited and never really need to visit the branch, though I do occasionally, but I do feel that is irrelevant. I am willing to bank elsewhere but I have had this account for almost 10 years...
As someone who carries, I fully accept responsibility and the consequences of my actions..

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Credit Union - No Guns Allowed Sign - Advice and Opinions Welcome
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 05:14:03 AM »
I spoke to the manager of the main branch then the head of risk management. I asked him to calculate the risk if 1/20th of the balance sheet disappearing as every CPL holder member jumped ship.

Them I withdrew all my $. Kept the membership open, just don't keep any significant $ (over a few bucks) there.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 08:11:28 AM by TheQ »
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
Re: Credit Union - No Guns Allowed Sign - Advice and Opinions Welcome
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 07:56:18 AM »
So far my credit union (Lake Michigan Credit Union) has been great.

Why keep the account with a few bucks in it?

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 08:12:30 AM »

So far my credit union (Lake Michigan Credit Union) has been great.

Why keep the account with a few bucks in it?

My wife still banks there for reasons I'd rather not get into. It's a convenient way to transfer $ around between us.

Offline hubblejj

• First Name (Displayed): Jason
Re: Credit Union - No Guns Allowed Sign - Advice and Opinions Welcome
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 03:49:06 PM »
My wife still banks there for reasons I'd rather not get into. It's a convenient way to transfer $ around between us.

Also, it is a pain in the ass for them to have to maintain a dormant account.  They hate it when you have an account with them and there is no money in it.  It is almost a bigger slap in there face when you tell them that you are taking all your money out of the account, but not close it.
When the Government fears the people you have Freedom, When the people fear the Government you have Tyranny

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 05:22:28 PM »

Also, it is a pain in the ass for them to have to maintain a dormant account.  They hate it when you have an account with them and there is no money in it.  It is almost a bigger slap in there face when you tell them that you are taking all your money out of the account, but not close it.

Capitol is what drives the banking business. An account with little capital is a PITA. That's why many banks have account minimums.