Author Topic: Piers Morgan: “But, actually, this is vaguely tyrannical behavior"  (Read 2567 times)

Offline Ryan182

Pinch me... Did hell freeze over?

Now – after learning of the Obama administration’s involvement in the IRS’ targeting of conservative groups and its secret seizure of Associated Press phone records – the CNN host admitted to guest Penn Jillette that perhaps gun advocates were right about creeping tyranny after all:

“I’ve had some of the pro-gun lobbyists on here, saying to me, ‘Well, the reason we need to be armed is because of tyranny from our own government,’ and I’ve always laughed at them,” Morgan said. “I said, ‘Don’t be ridiculous! Your government won’t turn itself on you. …

“But, actually, this is vaguely tyrannical behavior by the American government.”

Read more at http://mobile.wnd.com/2013/05/piers-morgan-now-i-see-u-s-government-tyranny/#cS1xE0c7KppePl2S.99

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
Probably the only reason he cares now is because of the AP phone record scandal. That's the media that was messed with, his area.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
Piers Morgan: “But, actually, this is vaguely tyrannical behavior"
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 01:24:21 PM »
How many colonialists were okay with British rule until they couldn't get their tea?  Or until British soldiers fired on Colonials?

Rarely does a member of the general populous advocate for something that doesn't personally affect their lives.

I still think Morgan is a d-bag, but he just validated all the 2A activists he's ever interviewed.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36