Author Topic: MCRGO and Open Carry  (Read 4432 times)

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
MCRGO and Open Carry
« on: June 11, 2013, 11:46:05 AM »
I spend a lot of time on MCRGO's facebook page and yesterday one of the topics morphed into an OC debate. There was all kinds of misinformation being spread in the comments section by uninformed individuals- "OC will get you arrested", "you can't OC in a wal-mart", "yeah you can OC out in the woods, but just try it in the city". I spent  a while trying to correct some of them, but I figured it might be easier to just write a post for their FB page and have them post it. I contacted Brady (who is now very pro-OC thanks to Phil and Skip) and he said while he could not allow me to post it, he would do a series of posts about OC in a neutral stance.

The first 2 of the posts are up on the MCRGO FB page and I just thought some of you may wish to read and comment on them. It is the most visited MI 2A page, so comments can reach a large amount of MI gun owners. Here is the link if anyone is interested-

https://www.facebook.com/mcrgo?fref=ts

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: MCRGO and Open Carry
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 01:09:37 PM »
I dropped a few bombs in both areas.

Offline detroit_fan

• AmmoDump
  • 2 chairs, no waiting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
Re: MCRGO and Open Carry
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 12:43:56 PM »
We are on OC topic #6 on MCRGO, and I have been very pleased with the overall response from MCRGO members so far. Today they posted a poll asking MCRGO members if they wanted MCRGO to focus just on CC and gun safety, or if they liked the new direction of MCRGO including all forms of carry.

Results as of now are 15 votes for CC, and 54 votes for covering all forms of carry.

Obviously MOC is THE org for OC, but I love seeing this support from MCRGO members too. The more we all stick together the bigger our numbers and the more effective we can be. Stop by and hit up the poll if you get a minute-

https://www.facebook.com/mcrgo

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
MCRGO and Open Carry
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 02:10:54 PM »
We are on OC topic #6 on MCRGO, and I have been very pleased with the overall response from MCRGO members so far. Today they posted a poll asking MCRGO members if they wanted MCRGO to focus just on CC and gun safety, or if they liked the new direction of MCRGO including all forms of carry.

Results as of now are 15 votes for CC, and 54 votes for covering all forms of carry.

Obviously MOC is THE org for OC, but I love seeing this support from MCRGO members too. The more we all stick together the bigger our numbers and the more effective we can be. Stop by and hit up the poll if you get a minute-

https://www.facebook.com/mcrgo

Just because you're on MCRGO's Facebook page doesn't mean you're a (dues paying) member ;)

Brady and I enjoy working together.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).