Author Topic: Do you want more Big Brother?  (Read 3972 times)

Offline buckie57

Do you want more Big Brother?
« on: June 06, 2013, 09:35:10 AM »
Republican Representative Wayne Schmidt from Grand Traverse County wants more of your money.

Representative Schmidt has introduced a bill to allow municipalities to put up Red Light Ticketing Cameras.  Some people call these "scameras" because they are a giant scam on taxpayers.

These cameras will be installed on public city streets to issue automatic tickets by mail.

There is no due process or right to trial by jury. The cameras prey on motorists and line the pockets of the city and the Red Light Camera manufacturing company.

That's why I need you to click here to find your State Representative.  Call, email, or write a letter and tell them:  no Red Light Cameras.

According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the registered owner is the driver only 72% of the time. Without consideration for any other shortcomings, over 1 in 4 tickets are issued to the wrong person!

We must demand our government refuse to allow us to be tracked like cattle, sent extortion letters demanding payment for minor traffic infractions (that were not witnessed by a sworn peace officer), and bullied in kangaroo courts. These "courts" strip away all your rights to due process and facing your accuser.

Please take action at once:

Click here to find your State Representative.  Call, email, or write a letter and tell them, no Red Light Cameras. http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/13052951:15866125397:m:1:469825164:21B9A39B1C3351D496661AF08B46731B:r

In Liberty,

Tony DeMott
Michigan State Coordinator
Campaign for Liberty

P.S. Click here to sign our petition opposing Red Light "Scameras".

P.P.S. Click here to find your State Representative.  Call, email, or write a letter and tell them, no Red Light Cameras
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 10:26:24 AM by buckie57 »

Offline mrscarlet3434

• I miss my wife, badly. My sites are off. :-D
  • First Name (Displayed): Phil
Re: Do you want more Big Brother?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 10:19:08 AM »
Um....no links? :D
Siberian Water Polo #1

"A good friend will bail you out of jail. A true friend would be sitting next to you in jail saying,"Boy she didn't look like a cop, did she?""
                       ... Rodney Carrington

Offline buckie57

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 10:27:36 AM »
sorry :o

Offline jgillmanjr

• MOC Member
    • Freedom Forged Security Consulting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 10:40:26 AM »
Schmidt solidified the fact that he should have been primaried out last year.

Full Disclosure: My dad was the one who challenged him in the primary.
IT Director
Deputy Treasurer
Legislative Aide

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 11:07:22 AM »
This state is getting worse and worse every day.

Offline buckie57

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 09:01:15 AM »
I think it time to start some recalls.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: Do you want more Big Brother?
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 01:50:00 AM »
This state is getting worse and worse every day.

Well to give you guys a take from another part of the country - they tried this in the Phoenix, AZ metro area a while ago  I am told that after lots of heat from the public and a few politicians getting scamra-tickets the vast majority of them have been removed.  So hang in there this too shall pass... ;)
Something tells me if they had not taken them down many would have ended up needing bullet hole repairs. :o
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Justice

• First Name (Displayed): Justice
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 05:56:22 AM »
Shut up you conspiracy theorist! Big brother LOVES us ALL! How DARE YOU! (Being sarcastic) :D