Author Topic: Read elsewhere  (Read 4254 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Read elsewhere
« on: June 12, 2013, 01:24:04 AM »
I am a retired federal enforcement officer and also have friends in the local law enforcement community, I have some sense how enforcement officers approach potential illegal activities. Many of these individuals are very Alpha orientated. Couple that with the career objectives of some enforcement officers and the department good will generated from making cases and you have the potential for excessive aggressive scrutiny if you open carry. Further, Law Enforcement Officers, federal and state, are just like the rest of our general population when it comes to political and social views. These personal views can result in an officer with a hidden agenda again using an otherwise innocent situation and pushing their hidden agenda. If the prosecutor assigned to such a case is like minded, an otherwise perfectly innocent legally licensed gun carrier could end up with significant legal fees or worse. Even if you win you could lose big financially.

My response:

So as a retired law enforcement officer you admit that LEOs and prosecutors abuse the legal system to unfairly (and potentially illegally) harass and maliciously prosecute OCers who are innocent of any wrongdoing, thus your recommendation is to not exercise our rights as we see fit because law enforcement will trample our rights without repercussion. And you're okay with that?

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
Re: Read elsewhere
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 09:12:34 AM »
Nice!

Offline jgillmanjr

• MOC Member
    • Freedom Forged Security Consulting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 10:09:03 AM »
Even if you win you could lose big financially.

And that's why there should be prosecutor pays in criminal cases.
IT Director
Deputy Treasurer
Legislative Aide

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Read elsewhere
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 10:55:22 AM »

And that's why there should be prosecutor pays *out of his own salary* in criminal cases.

FIFY
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline jgillmanjr

• MOC Member
    • Freedom Forged Security Consulting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 10:56:30 AM »
FIFY

Quite proper correction, good Sir.
IT Director
Deputy Treasurer