Author Topic: Extar EXP-556 Pistol  (Read 4091 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Extar EXP-556 Pistol
« on: June 16, 2013, 12:32:42 AM »
Anyone familiar with these?  5.56 NATO, 1-in-9 twist, no buffer tube, Picatinny rail, accepts standard AR-15 mags, 18" OAL.  $599 MSRP (but I've seen them for less).

http://www.extarguns.com/
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:44:50 AM by gryphon »

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Extar EXP-556 Pistol
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 02:00:52 AM »
I am seriously thinking of getting one of these. They are cool pistols. Made here in AZ ;)
They have a sling kit and a stock add-on kit (sbr rules then would apply - I think) coming out later this month.

Old Cannon on youtube has got good review video. Not sure if this would meet the MI pistol requirements???
Nice to be able to carry switchblades, and just about anything else without having to worry about breaking the law. :D

Bonus - if you go thru frontier arms in NV (official EXTAR dist.) & ask that they use their davidson's account to ship to your FFL you get the gallery of guns replacement warranty.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 02:07:27 AM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Extar EXP-556 Pistol
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 07:33:15 AM »
Not sure if this would meet the MI pistol requirements???

There are no more new MI pistols. This meets the definition of pistol, though (US and MI).