Author Topic: Katrina “Gun Confiscation” – My Experience  (Read 3322 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
Re: Katrina “Gun Confiscation” – My Experience
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 12:03:11 PM »
He kinda down plays the chaos, but this paragraph got my attention

The entire area was in a state of complete and utter turmoil with not a single shred of command or control.  The New Orleans Chief of Police basically declared his own martial law (which is wrong), and the mayor was about as useful as a screen door on a submarine. We had New Orleans Police Officers who went rogue, abandoned their posts, killed themselves, were looting, and all other manner of behavior to deal with. As I was leaving Lafayette, I passed 3 NOPD units heading towards Lafayette.  All of the common social controls used to at least customarily identify the good guys from the bad were gone. Criminals were driving marked police cars, uniform and gun shops had been ransacked and pilfered. Other agencies had actually been involved in armed stand-offs with deviant NOPD officers. Yes, things were THAT bad.

Offline jgillmanjr

• MOC Member
    • Freedom Forged Security Consulting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
Re: Katrina “Gun Confiscation” – My Experience
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 12:52:36 PM »
He kinda down plays the chaos, but this paragraph got my attention

The entire area was in a state of complete and utter turmoil with not a single shred of command or control.  The New Orleans Chief of Police basically declared his own martial law (which is wrong), and the mayor was about as useful as a screen door on a submarine. We had New Orleans Police Officers who went rogue, abandoned their posts, killed themselves, were looting, and all other manner of behavior to deal with. As I was leaving Lafayette, I passed 3 NOPD units heading towards Lafayette.  All of the common social controls used to at least customarily identify the good guys from the bad were gone. Criminals were driving marked police cars, uniform and gun shops had been ransacked and pilfered. Other agencies had actually been involved in armed stand-offs with deviant NOPD officers. Yes, things were THAT bad.

And with that statement said, how could he make a claim that the gun confiscations weren't as bad as reported?
IT Director
Deputy Treasurer
Legislative Aide