Author Topic: Anyone watching the Zimmerman trial?  (Read 65426 times)

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: Anyone watching the Zimmerman trial?
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2013, 03:11:14 PM »
She also testified for about four hours on Trail Day 4.  She was caught in several lies.   I'm sure there are videos of that on youtube as well.
You mean she mumbled nonsense for four hours.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2013, 03:47:15 PM »
Man -- if this is their "star witness" they are in trouble!

If just one person on the jury (like me) can't understand over half of what she says -- the prosecution is in real trouble!
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2013, 04:12:15 PM »
It was their star witness and the one their entire case is based around.  All of the prosecution's other witnesses back up Zimmerman's story: police, EMT, hospital medical, and even the other eye-witnesses who said the person on top was raining down blows on the person on the bottom.  Plus the physical evidence such as the gunshot wound, burn pattern on the clothing, injuries to Zimmerman, physical evidence on Zimmerman's and Trayvon's clothing (grass, stains, wetness, etc.).

The defense hasn't even presented their case yet.  They don't have to, the prosecution is doing it for them!

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2013, 04:18:04 PM »
The defense hasn't even presented their case yet.  They don't have to, the prosecution is doing it for them!

I expect there will be a motion to dismiss at the end of the prosecution's case (Standard Practice).

Prosecutor: The prosecution rests, your honor.
Defense: We move for dismissal ad the prosecution has failed to prove their charge up to this point.

At this point, the judge must weigh the evidence in the light MOST FAVORABLE to the prosecution.  If he finds when viewing the evidence in this light that thus far the prosecution has not made their case beyond all reasonable doubt -- the judge is supposed to dismiss the case.

I've listened to as much of this lady's drivel as I can stand (about 2 hours).

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2013, 04:34:27 PM »
the judge must weigh the evidence in the light MOST FAVORABLE to the prosecution.

That won't be any problem for her.  Judge Nelson has been bending over backward for the prosecution since the trial started.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2013, 04:44:25 PM »
That won't be any problem for her.  Judge Nelson has been bending over backward for the prosecution since the trial started.

Probably doesn't want her house burned in the riot....

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2013, 05:40:18 PM »

Offline Jeff

« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2013, 01:22:26 AM »
I watched all those videos of her testimony and couldn't believe the way she acted and all the lies she told.  How many times did she lie only to change her story 20 seconds later.  Some of her quotes just had me in tears laughing.

I don't even see how this went to trial and with it being national news the guys life is ruined with legal fees and doubt.  He will never be treated the same way again and will probably even end up losing his family over it.

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
Anyone watching the Zimmerman trial?
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2013, 07:49:37 AM »

I watched all those videos of her testimony and couldn't believe the way she acted and all the lies she told.  How many times did she lie only to change her story 20 seconds later.  Some of her quotes just had me in tears laughing.

I don't even see how this went to trial and with it being national news the guys life is ruined with legal fees and doubt.  He will never be treated the same way again and will probably even end up losing his family over it.

I don't see how she can lie if her answers aren't discernible. ;)

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2013, 08:05:17 AM »
I think the defense should just rest and the end of the prosecution's case.

'Your honor, the prosecution rests.'
'Your honor, so does the defense. We thank the prosecution for their cooperation.'

Offline Jeff

« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2013, 05:16:21 PM »
Do you think it is at all possible that this case went this far because of the never ending attempt to disarm us?

Get this case out in the country, get every ones emotions running high, lots of violence/riots happening all over the country so they can put more blame on firearms to use to try to disarm us again?  It really seems like a lot of the media is trying to rile everyone up and I can't help but think there might be a political agenda behind it.

I am not a conspiracy theorist, or a paranoid person but a part of me can't help but think that this is possible.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2013, 05:57:34 PM »
Monday July 1 summary

In an effort to mitigate testimony damning to the State, the prosecution called another one of the defense witnesses, a voice analysis expert.  Because both sides have to declare potential witnesses, the prosecution knew this and called him first in a weak attempt at a preemptive strike. The voice expert's testimony is that under stress a man could sound like a little girl, and there's no way to scientifically verify who was screaming. That's the defense. The prosecution wanted to call the witness so they could establish their own line of questioning rather than respond to the defense's strong position later on in the trial.

Prosecution played the police interview of Zimmerman which is very credible and matches previous witness testimony in the trial.  It's all pretty-cut-and-dried testimony that backs up Zimmerman. Not as funny to comment on as Rachel "Dee Dee" "Diamond Eugene" Jeantel.

The state keeps insisting that Zimmerman was on top of Trayvon and Trayvon was screaming for help, despite all evidence to the contrary.  de la Rionda has no morals.

The prosecution's own police witness testified that Zimmmerman showed deep remorse for killing Trayvon; deep, religious guilt and remorse because he is Catholic and believes killing another is wrong.  Police told him that's not God's intent, that self-defense is not what God meant.

de la Rionda still clinging to the hope that the jury will believe Zimmerman was carefully crafting a self-defense story that doesn't match up to the real events.  Despite the fact that Zimmerman freely spoke to police, didn't ask for an attorney, and his statements are backed up by the other eye-witnesses.

Then the State called Officer Serino to the stand. Serino told FBI he was being pressured into bringing charges against Zimmerman.  All of Zimmerman's testimony is getting entered into evidence by the prosecution. Dead flashlight, sequence of events, Trayvon's statements and attack.  Zimmerman will never have to testify and be subject to cross.

+++

Serino told FBI investigators that he felt pressured by his colleagues, three African-American officers, to file charges.

Miami Herald

Serino’s FBI Interview Shows Three Other People On The SPD Pressured Him To Press Charges!

The lead Sanford Police investigator who sought manslaughter charges against George Zimmerman told the FBI that a sergeant and two others officers tried to pressure him into making an arrest in the controversial case — even though he didn’t think there was enough evidence.

Serino even reached out to the White Supremacist movement, and no one had ever heard of Zimmerman.  Telling the FBI that he was concerned that people inside the police department were leaking information, Serino cited Sgt. Arthur Barnes, officers Rebecca Villalona and Trekelle Perkins “as all pressuring him to file charges against Zimmerman after the incident,” an FBI report said. “Serino did not believe he had enough evidence at the time to file charges.”

The summary of Serino’s statement does not mention the race of the officers who allegedly pressured him, but sources told The Miami Herald that Barnes and Perkins are black, and Villalona is married to an African-American man. All three, the source said, had been called in by their supervisor and questioned about leaking information in the case.

Conservative Treehouse

Telling the FBI that he was concerned that people inside the police department were leaking information, Serino cited Sgt. Arthur Barnes, officers Rebecca Villalona and Trekelle Perkins “as all pressuring him to file charges against Zimmerman after the incident,” an FBI report said. “Serino did not believe he had enough evidence at the time to file charges.”

The summary of Serino’s statement does not mention the race of the officers who allegedly pressured him, but sources told The Miami Herald that Barnes and Perkins are black, and Villalona is married to an African-American man. All three, the source said, had been called in by their supervisor and questioned about leaking information in the case.

Miami Herald

+++

Police reenactment with Zimmerman goes for defense, not prosecution. They keep admitting evidence against themselves. But what choice do they have? They want to use the police so they have to use it all.

Prosecution gets police to admit to lying to Zimmerman in an effort to get Zimmerman to change his story. Zimmerman doesn't as he has no need to, he's telling the truth.

And once again (or rather twice again today) the prosecution tries to impeach their own witnesses.  When have you ever seen a prosecutor come back to denigrate his own police witness by saying "well, that's only your opinion!"
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:12:22 PM by gryphon »

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2013, 06:01:22 PM »
Do you think it is at all possible that this case went this far because of the never ending attempt to disarm us?

No.  100% absolutely not.  It was all a civil rights push down from Obama's Justice Department, even though they independently concluded there was no civil rights violation.  It is a 100% racial prosecution.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2013, 06:21:45 PM »
No.  100% absolutely not.

I know they will still use acts of violence from the result of this trial to try to put a lot of blame on firearms and why we shouldn't be allowed to have them. 

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2013, 06:47:04 PM »
If there are mass acts of violence, it will result in some perp deaths.  Florida isn't California where the citizens are disarmed.  Neither are most other states.

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2013, 09:21:12 PM »
This case is about race alright, but it's not coming from Zimmerman.

Offline TexasSupporter

• First Name (Displayed): James
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2013, 10:49:59 PM »
This case and the mass of idiots who want to riot if Zimmerman wins are just more examples of why it's important to possess and carry firearms.  I will be ready to protect and defend innocent life and property, as will my friends and family who are also prepared and heavily armed.

Offline Kutter616

« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2013, 05:20:47 AM »
This case and the mass of idiots who want to riot if Zimmerman wins are just more examples of why it's important to possess and carry firearms. 

I think a more accurate statement would be "if Zimmerman isn't found guilty".  Thanks to Martin and the political power that was asserted in order to take an innocent man to trial, Zimmerman and his family have already lost life as they once knew it.

I'm just sayin...
Gun control zealots believe that persons who would commit violent crimes would never violate a gun law.

NSA, the only branch of government that's listening!

Offline ocdetroit

• STAY STRONG (WE THE PEOPLE).
  • First Name (Displayed): THE BIG O
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2013, 05:46:08 PM »
That Nancy Grace is worst than the News Paper. All Charges should be dropped. Carry On. And still stand your ground.
Open carry in Detroit
With both of them.

Offline Donut

• First Name (Displayed): Donut
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2013, 10:29:20 PM »
Sorry to change the subject here but I am confused.
everyone says Zimmerman's head wounds was not that serious. how can they absolutely say that for sure and how much is to much when your head is being bashed into the concrete and what if he kept bashing his head 20 -30-40 times more, why wouldn't you stop it as soon as possible. They say the head injuries wasn't that bad. I wish (not really) each and everyone of them have their heads bashed into concrete and I'd bet each and everyone of them would be yelling to stop after the first time their head was slam into the concrete , that $#|t is hard! And does damage to the brain fast with multiple slam blows to the head. Why do you think motorcyclist and race car drivers wear helmets.
all this is a no brainer.
Doug