Author Topic: Traveling to Maryland for July 4th  (Read 3232 times)

Offline noahp87

• First Name (Displayed): Noah
Traveling to Maryland for July 4th
« on: June 29, 2013, 01:53:58 AM »
Hey guys,

I'll be driving to Maryland next week for July 4th to spend it with my girlfriends family. They have a lot of land so they said to bring my guns because they want to go shooting in they're backyard. I was kind of skeptical on answering yes or no because I wasn't sure what states will honor Miching CPL holders or not. We are only going to be driving through Ohio and Pennsylvania to get to Maryland and it looks like Maryland won't honor my CPL but it was updated sometime last year. I won't be carrying it on me while I'm there but just to go shooting with her family. Will this be an issue if stopped by the police?

Thanks

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Traveling to Maryland for July 4th
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 02:50:47 AM »
What questions do you have about the states you will be traveling in that this site doesn't answer?  We'll try our best to answer them.

http://handgunlaw.us/

Maryland does not honor carry licenses from any other state, but that doesn't prohibit you from transport.  Where are you going to be shooting?  You might want to check Maryland Annotated Code, Criminal Law, Title 4, Section 203 for a detailed account of transporting a handgun in Maryland.  They are a pretty screwed up state.  In general, transport is okay.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 02:57:54 AM by gryphon »

Offline noahp87

• First Name (Displayed): Noah
Re: Traveling to Maryland for July 4th
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 01:34:29 PM »
What questions do you have about the states you will be traveling in that this site doesn't answer?  We'll try our best to answer them.

http://handgunlaw.us/

Maryland does not honor carry licenses from any other state, but that doesn't prohibit you from transport.  Where are you going to be shooting?  You might want to check Maryland Annotated Code, Criminal Law, Title 4, Section 203 for a detailed account of transporting a handgun in Maryland.  They are a pretty screwed up state.  In general, transport is okay.

Thanks for the link! I'll be staying about an hour or two from Baltimore, somewhere in the sticks I was told.....