Author Topic: minimum age?  (Read 5774 times)

Offline hoot

minimum age?
« on: July 05, 2013, 09:49:44 PM »
hey everyone. this is my first post, but i do plan on sticking around. I am 18 and got my first pistol back in november. i have started to see a lot of people open carry, and got curious if i am legally allowed to carry. i have done some research and from what i can tell the minimum age is 18. i just want to confirm this with people that know this topic more than i do. thank you every one in advance.

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
Re: minimum age?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 09:54:11 PM »
Welcome!

I suggest you start here: http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/index.php/topic,25.0.html

Also, make sure you know and understand MCL 750.234d

Offline hoot

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 09:58:13 PM »
thank you. sorry if this is a question that is asked a lot. i guess i just missed that topic

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 11:06:42 PM »
Hoot, yes you can open carry--subject to law.  There are a number of places you cannot carry if you do not have a CPL.  So, please read the thread bigt pointed you to.  It will keep you out of trouble.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
minimum age?
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 11:38:12 PM »

Hoot, yes you can open carry--subject to law.  There are a number of places you cannot carry if you do not have a CPL.  So, please read the thread bigt pointed you to.  It will keep you out of trouble.

Pay special attention to Reply # 22 (post #23) by Yance.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline hoot

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 12:15:34 AM »
thank you everyone for the help. once i do a little more studying of the law i will start to open carry and exercise my second amendment rights as much as possible

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
minimum age?
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 12:37:11 AM »

thank you everyone for the help. once i do a little more studying of the law i will start to open carry and exercise my second amendment rights as much as possible

Please consider attending one of our seminars. Lots of useful info. Where about you from?

You can be notified of our next seminar by signing up for our mailing list at: http://miopencarry.org/updates

Offline hoot

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 12:43:09 AM »
Please consider attending one of our seminars. Lots of useful info. Where about you from?

You can be notified of our next seminar by signing up for our mailing list at: http://miopencarry.org/updates
im from Lake Orion. where are the seminars held?

Offline TheQ

• MOC Lifetime Member
minimum age?
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 12:45:40 AM »

im from Lake Orion. where are the seminars held?

Nearest we usually come to you is Novi or Flint. We usually hold them at Gander Mountain.

We can hold one at Lake Orion, if you can find us a venue to host us (up to 30 ppl) for free. If you find such a venue, email seregion@miopencarry.org.

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 09:18:18 AM »
+1 for the mailing list and +10 for the seminar.

Again, welcome! We are always happy to help those wishing to learn and follow "the law". :)

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
minimum age?
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 03:34:21 PM »
The seminars held at Gander Mountain in Utica would be closer than Novi.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36