Open Carry Specific > OC Questions

An area that USED to be a school.

(1/3) > >>

Jeff:
Is there anything I might need to worry about in some neighborhoods that used to be schools?  For instance my sub division used to have a school here.  It was over 20 years ago and now it's just homes but is there any sort of crazy law that says that since it was once zoned for a school that I am not allowed to walk around open carrying a firearm?

TheQ:
Read MCL 750.237a for exact wording.

Jeff:

--- Quote ---(b) “School” means a public, private, denominational, or parochial school offering developmental kindergarten, kindergarten, or any grade from 1 through 12.

(c) “School property” means a building, playing field, or property used for school purposes to impart instruction to children or used for functions and events sponsored by a school, except a building used primarily for adult education or college extension courses.
--- End quote ---

And since the area no longer does any of that, I am just fine to open carry around my neighborhood. 

Thanks John de Lancie

fitrah:

--- Quote from: TheQ on July 10, 2013, 08:55:29 PM ---Read MCL 750.237a for exact wording.

--- End quote ---

750.237a has nothing to do with open carry of a pistol.

autosurgeon:

--- Quote from: fitrah on September 02, 2013, 12:41:49 AM ---750.237a has nothing to do with open carry of a pistol.

--- End quote ---
perhaps you had better read it again...

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk 2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version