Open Carry Specific > OC Questions

An area that USED to be a school.

<< < (3/3)

jgillmanjr:

--- Quote from: Jeff on September 23, 2013, 03:39:26 PM ---Don't make me turn this car around, and cancel Christmas.

--- End quote ---

See, things just got real. This is why we can't have nice things.  ;)

Xpiatio:
Yes this could be thread necromancy,   what about houses that are used for home schooling?  Would they fall under a school designation?

bigt8261:
750.237a

--- Quote ---(b) “School” means a public, private, denominational, or parochial school offering developmental kindergarten, kindergarten, or any grade from 1 through 12.

(c) “School property” means a building, playing field, or property used for school purposes to impart instruction to children or used for functions and events sponsored by a school, except a building used primarily for adult education or college extension courses.

(d) “Weapon free school zone” means school property and a vehicle used by a school to transport students to or from school property.
--- End quote ---

It should be noted that the Federal Gun Free School Zones Act had to be redone to exempt private property due to constitutional issues.

Xpiatio:

--- Quote from: bigt8261 on March 10, 2015, 08:53:23 AM ---750.237a

It should be noted that the Federal Gun Free School Zones Act had to be redone to exempt private property due to constitutional issues.

--- End quote ---
Thank you for the answer,  my boss and I were taking about this the other day.   He and I have family that home school and we both have a cpl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version