Author Topic: Idiots? You decide.  (Read 2248 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Idiots? You decide.
« on: July 20, 2013, 02:04:36 AM »
Who in their right mind would depend on someone from the state police to determine the legality of a firearm?

State Police To Gunmakers: No More Advice On Designs

Back in May, a month after Gov. Dannel P. Malloy signed the state’s gun control law, Stag Arms of New Britain came up with a modified design and took it to the state police firearms unit to see whether it would pass muster.

The unit was helpful, even making a design suggestion that would help assure the gun would not be classified as an illegal assault weapon. Stag prepared to make the rifle, a .22-caliber version of the military-style AR-15.

Then in June, the state legislature tightened the law in order to correct a few problems. Stag returned with an updated model, seeking an opinion.

But this time, the firearms unit had a different answer.

“I was told to get a lawyer, figure it out and if I’m wrong I’m going to have to deal with it,” said Mark Malkowski, the Stag Arms owner and president. “It’s my responsibility to interpret…I was told we were no longer allowed to bring prototypes in.”

http://courantblogs.com/dan-haar/state-police-to-gunmakers-no-more-advice-on-designs/