Author Topic: Don't shoot someone trying to beat you with an axe handle  (Read 3208 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Don't shoot someone trying to beat you with an axe handle
« on: August 05, 2013, 03:43:25 PM »
Mayors Against Illegal Guns: Don’t Shoot Someone Attacking You With Other Weapons
By Cheyenne Spiegel / 5 August 2013

Unbelievable. The bad advice train continues this afternoon during our newest edition of, “Politicians who have never owned a firearm”.

Executive Director of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, Mark Glaze, went on MSNBC for an interview with Chris Matthews. Let’s just say his advice raised a few eyebrows.

Here’s his most questionable response:

MARK GLAZE: Very often somebody will come at you. They might want to have a fistfight. They might come at you with an axe handle.

MATTHEWS: Would you consider the guy with the axe handle armed or not?

GLAZE: Not with a gun.

MATTHEWS: I would consider him armed.

GLAZE: I have a word for him. I grew up in Colorado where my dad was a gun dealer, and a guy who shoots somebody who has anything other than a gun when they could have done something else like talk or fight with their fists –

MATTHEWS: How do you talk to a guy with an axe handle?

GLAZE: Well, you fight him. You run away. You deescalate the situation.
You fight him? Really? That’s a reckless piece of advice that could endanger viewers. We’re not condoning the use of a firearm the moment you feel threatened but if an aggressor is attempting to inflict harm with a blunt item such as an axe handle you’re well within your right to defend yourself…by any means necessary.

http://bearingarms.com/mayors-against-illegal-guns-dont-shoot-someone-attacking-you-with-other-weapons/

Offline woodtic31

• First Name (Displayed): Reg
Re: Don't shoot someone trying to beat you with an axe handle
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 04:29:33 PM »
He's an ASSBAG!!!!!!
North East Michigan Coordinator

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 04:33:38 PM »
Absolute moron. His advice works for Chuck Norris and Usain Bolt. I don't fight or run fast.

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 08:54:18 PM »
Absolute moron. His advice works for Chuck Norris and Usain Bolt. I don't fight or run fast.
That point has really come to a head with a knee injury I'm working to overcome.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 09:22:22 PM »
How is trying to fist fight a guy beating you to death with an axe handle deescalating the situation?  Or smart?

These people are morons.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 10:34:23 PM »

Ditto. to steal a quote "I'm too young to die and too old to take an a$$ beating" lol
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline drtodd

• MOC Member
  • MOC Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 10:27:12 AM »
What I thought "interesting" was that, during the interview, Chris Mathews sounds like the reasonable one.... scary.
"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." Miller v. U.S. 230 F 486 at 489

"Where rights as secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which will abrogate them." Miranda v. Ariz., 384 U.S. 436 at 491 (1966).