Author Topic: Open Carry  (Read 8155 times)

Offline Falconfxr

Open Carry
« on: August 27, 2013, 11:18:47 AM »
Forgive me if this has been mentioned already,but I just spoke with the Security Supervisor at Great Lakes Crossing Mall,and they allow open carry and welcome it,but was told that the Theatre and Bass Pro shop frown on it.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
Open Carry
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 02:03:41 PM »
I have OC'd at Great Lakes without issue, but never tried to enter the theater nor BPS.  I have had security stare at me, but never approach.

Next time I'm there, I'll enter BPS from the mall side and see if they notice.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline springfield40xdm

Re: Open Carry
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 09:30:00 PM »
I have OCed several times at BPS and have never had an issue!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Offline Closing the Gap

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 03:22:52 PM »
Same here. Never had an issue at BPS. I enter GLC from BPS every time I go. They only require guns to be used at the range be in a case.

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 11:29:31 PM »
OC'ed at bass pro and great lakes crossing at least 20 times with no issue. I OC'ed at the theater one time with no issue about 6 weeks ago.
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
Open Carry
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 06:29:48 PM »
OCd to the BPS range today. No hassle, no trigger locks. Left to put the range bag in the car and returned to shop while OCing. No issues.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline dlgeorge

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 03:17:40 PM »
I open carry at Bass Pro in Toledo all the time.  No problems.

Offline hells.saints

• First Name (Displayed): James
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 12:16:53 PM »
GLC's PR people said they only have an issue with anything that upsets other patrons. My GLC experience:

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 01:33:01 PM »
@OP - in the past MOC has given large presentations at Bass Pro on OC while the speaker and many in the audience were OCing. So unless something has changed recently, I think you got bad info on BP.  The only issues ever noted at GLX mall was with one particular OCer (who is the only person ever in recorded history to be barred for life from becoming a MOC member) and he has since faded into the woodwork, so again, I think you are getting bad info.

Kind regards - G9OS
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Jeff

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 03:17:39 PM »
(who is the only person ever in recorded history to be barred for life from becoming a MOC member)

OOoooooo.  I would love to hear this story.

Offline hevymetal

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 03:42:16 PM »
OOoooooo.  I would love to hear this story.

Trust me, no you wouldn't.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: Open Carry
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 05:01:34 PM »
Trust me, no you wouldn't.

^^^ THIS! Even though it's Devil's night, it is far too scary of a story! Children read this forum too! Think of the children Man!    ....Lol ;)
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline Jeff

Re: Re: Open Carry
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 05:10:25 PM »
^^^ THIS! Even though it's Devil's night, it is far too scary of a story! Children read this forum too! Think of the children Man!    ....Lol ;)

I REALLY DO0000000oooooooooo want to know.  In private message for the children.   

OOO it is Devils night isn't it.  I better make sure my red dot on my AR is turned on :O

now lets go, story time, don't even have to tuck me in or ANYTHING.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 05:37:47 PM »
Pat is our resident expert on the one who's name shall never be spoken and has been struck from all records. He would be your best source of info on the scary tale of he who carried a croation made compact pistol in S&W 40 cal. I am being Devil's advocate here, and I should stop, don't want Pat to have a stroke.   ;)
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline WilDChilD

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 07:48:43 PM »
Pat is our resident expert on the one who's name shall never be spoken and has been struck from all records. He would be your best source of info on the scary tale of he who carried a croation made compact pistol in S&W 40 cal. I am being Devil's advocate here, and I should stop, don't want Pat to have a stroke.   ;)
Do you think if we say his name three times he will come back like in beatlejuice?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Open Carry
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2013, 08:38:25 PM »
I wonder if he hands out ammunition to children for halloween?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2013, 11:00:22 PM »
I wonder if he hands out ammunition to children for halloween?

Sadly, Full-Sized candy bars would be cheaper. ;)

Offline Jeff

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2013, 11:55:04 AM »
Sadly, Full-Sized candy bars would be cheaper. ;)

lol.  True true.  auuuuuu  Now I'm sad.