Author Topic: Man defends against stun gun attack  (Read 2484 times)

Offline Juderea0311

• First Name (Displayed): Colby
Man defends against stun gun attack
« on: August 29, 2013, 01:47:08 PM »
Not an open carry incident, but I feel is relative none the less.  Thoughts/opinions?  If this is a repost I appologize in advance.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2013/08/point_it_out_knock_it_out_brut.html

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
Re: Man defends against stun gun attack
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 07:11:59 PM »
I'd be interested to know more details.  If there is a witness that says, "The suspect had ran about 15 feet before the victim fired,"  The victim may have some legal issues.  I applaud the victim's overall composure during the 911 call.

I believe that we can read these articles and improve ourselves at the same time:
1.  What you say to 911 is recorded and when you say "currently wounded", the media will publish "terminally wounded."
2.  Range time and drawing drills are essential for muscle memory under stress.
3.  ALWAYS CARRY!!!!  random is random.

This is one of the best outcomes possible for a really bad situation.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline Juderea0311

• First Name (Displayed): Colby
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 12:39:30 AM »
Even if the guy was not 15 feet away, it is surprising to me that because he shot him in the rear, that they are not trying to slam this guy.  I would like to (think) in said situation I would be quick enough to draw down on the guy before he gets close enough to pull what he did, but either way I personally would not shoot a retreating attacker.  Of course I have never been attacked like this so who knows.  But I agree this came out much better than it could have.

Offline fsr402

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 12:31:24 PM »
a shot in the butt could be done as he was spinning to retreat. So my guess would be that he was point blank range and this is why they have not gone after him.