Author Topic: Lawful LEO Orders  (Read 4955 times)

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
Lawful LEO Orders
« on: September 02, 2013, 09:31:09 AM »
Hypothetical question

If you are legally pulled over for an equipment violation, while all your windows are down.  Do you have to roll up your windows because the LEO ordered you to?  Front windows are illegally tinted, which would gain you a ticket.

Offline Pond Scum

• MOC Lifetime Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Glenn
Re: Lawful LEO Orders
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 07:38:11 PM »
Are you sure you aren't photophobic?  You should have that checked out and get a letter from your eye doctor.    :)

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 12:58:09 AM »
Hypothetical question

If you are legally pulled over for an equipment violation, while all your windows are down.  Do you have to roll up your windows because the LEO ordered you to?  Front windows are illegally tinted, which would gain you a ticket.

Just speaking for myself, why would you deliberately use an illegal shade of window tint in the first place? If you had it made legal, you wouldn't have any worries. You know, "law abiding" gun owners and all...
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 08:51:22 AM »
IANAL, but my first thought was illegal search.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
Lawful LEO Orders
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 09:06:14 AM »
MCL 257.715 Maintenance of equipment on vehicles; stopping and inspecting vehicles; citation for defects in equipment; inspection of vehicles involved in accident; temporary vehicle check lanes.
Sec. 715.

(1) Equipment on motor vehicles as required under this act shall be maintained as provided in this act. A uniformed police officer may on reasonable grounds shown stop a motor vehicle to inspect the vehicle, and if any defects in equipment are found, issue an appropriate citation under section 728 or 742 to the driver and order the driver to have the defect or defects repaired immediately. In case of an accident a police officer may make an inspection of the vehicles involved in the accident.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
Re: Re: Lawful LEO Orders
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 10:19:04 AM »
Are you sure you aren't photophobic?  You should have that checked out and get a letter from your eye doctor.    :)
Make sure you are willing to a have restriction on your license if you do this. That means every car you drive must have tinted windows.

Over 40 states allow window tint but thanks to the MSP Michigan isn't one of them, officer safety you know.

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 03:12:19 PM »
hypothetical :)

I love some of the police departments, especially in their unmarked traffic cars that are heavily tinted, 20% or greater.  One of Taylor's cars, I'd bet is 5%.

I do agree that MI tint laws are silly.  And besides, they would save energy ;)

Offline 32_d3gr33s

• First Name (Displayed): Anthony
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 09:42:11 AM »
Mine are 5% all the way around. I just pay the ticket every time.   Cheaper than getting windows re tinted and I don't have to mess with removing the tint.

A friend of mine bought extra glass for his car.  Drops the untinted windows in, gets it checked, and swaps back
I could write something cliché and insightful, but that would be too cliché and insightful.

I shoot first... its better to give than to receive

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Lawful LEO Orders
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 02:40:26 PM »
Isn't there tint you can change by applying voltage to?  Thoughts I saw something like that.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 10:29:42 PM »
Isn't there tint you can change by applying voltage to?  Thoughts I saw something like that.
I've seen it advertised for offices... so it's technically feasible.  Haven't seen it added to vehicles yet.