Author Topic: Sean Combs update in the news  (Read 4380 times)

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Sean Combs update in the news
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 02:50:36 AM »
I've been waiting for an update.  Thanks.  Seems they only addressed one of the three arrest issues, though.  I didn't see Sean's pleading, maybe that's all he sued for.

Offline Ezerharden

• Former Secretary
  • MOC Regional Coordinator, Deputy
  • I don't dial 911
  • First Name (Displayed): Mike
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 02:54:16 AM »
Yea I was wondering about that myself. Of course there are loads of comments condemning Sean. Can't fix stupid I guess.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 11:11:35 AM »
There is a big thread about it on MGO with all the regular nonsense one expects from the MGO crowd - http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=261513

Offline m.marino

• First Name (Displayed): Michael
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 11:57:25 AM »
Fozzy,

Thank you. The thread you linked to and what little additional reading I did, completely puts me off from ever wanting to be directly involved with the MGO IF that is any reasonable example of their members. That is just wrong, the amount of back biting and outright idiotic activity (won't use the word Troll as I grew up South of the Bridge) is not only destructive, but gives great fuel for those who wish to divide folks trying to make positive gains for restoring any type of rights that have or are being tread on (not just OC or 2A).

Unfortunately, I don't have a deep enough pocket as some of those actions by the LEO's smack of charges other then civil, it just gets rather expensive in filing and having a good lawyer (I know some who really do try to work for what is right). Again thanks. -Michael
Tuebor Libertatus

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Sean Combs update in the news
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 01:32:28 PM »
Fozzy,

Thank you. The thread you linked to and what little additional reading I did, completely puts me off from ever wanting to be directly involved with the MGO IF that is any reasonable example of their members. That is just wrong, the amount of back biting and outright idiotic activity (won't use the word Troll as I grew up South of the Bridge) is not only destructive, but gives great fuel for those who wish to divide folks trying to make positive gains for restoring any type of rights that have or are being tread on (not just OC or 2A).

Unfortunately, I don't have a deep enough pocket as some of those actions by the LEO's smack of charges other then civil, it just gets rather expensive in filing and having a good lawyer (I know some who really do try to work for what is right). Again thanks. -Michael

It's a small but loud minority of MGO members that oppose OC. I don't think you can fault the leadership of an organization for the views of some of its members.

FWIW, I'm a dues paying member of MOC, MCRGO, and MGO.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 06:51:49 PM by TheQ »
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline m.marino

• First Name (Displayed): Michael
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 03:32:32 PM »
Q, point well made.

It still rankles me all the wrong way. I went back and did some more reading to just see IF my first impression was a bit lopsided. Maybe the threads I choose to read bring out the doomsayers and naysayers, I don't know. You look at the law to remove the ATF from having control of gunsmithing in Michigan (much like has already been done in other states) and you get a bunch of folks who are against it only on the grounds that it does not meet the agenda in a way they see it as successful. That does not make sense to me.

We are in the process of moving back to the US from overseas (UK) and Michigan is the direction of move for many reasons. We already know that politics will be apart of our life, not because we enjoy the levels of headache; but because IF we are not willing to do the work, who will and do we want them too? From what I am reading your point on the other forum is correct and the best thing for Michigan is a true third option (very, very hard to do). As has been pointed out on more then one thread here and other forums, IF we want to make change we need to get directly active and help others do the same.

Again Q point well made and I will reserve my final opinion until sometime after I have gotten to know a few of these folks directly. Having said that, there are many who will not give that kindness nor respect. -Michael
Tuebor Libertatus

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 05:22:54 PM »
MGO has an "Open Carry" section for no other reason than to troll open carriers. As evidence of this, if OCers were to troll the CC section, they'd get banned immediately. But trolls in the OC section can do so with impunity. The defenders of OC however get reprimanded and banned for "trolling" the trolls. Go figure.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
Sean Combs update in the news
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 07:26:49 PM »

It's a small but loud minority of MGO members that oppose OC. I don't think you can fault the leadership of an organization for the views of some of its members.

You can fault them for tolerating the behavior.  Do they agree with it, or lack strong leadership?
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36