Open Carry Specific > OC Questions

OC/CC for my a person useing a store motorized shopping cart/or personal motoriz

(1/3) > >>

NHCGRPR45:
ok my friends grandma asked if she would need a cpl while useing her motorized scooter, and a motorized scooter at stores that had them. to tell the truth i never even gave it a thought, but now that she asks i really don't have an answer. i suppose since it has a "motor" and can be driven on a sidewalk the maybe you would need a cpl, but i couldn't imagine a case pulling my friends 90 year grandma over to write a ticket. butstranger things have happened. this is a silly question i know but i just don't know.

shaun

CoonDog:
I don't know what the correct legal answer is, but I have to say that anyone willing to arrest someone in a wheelchair for a 5-year felony for attempting to carry in self-defense ought to be shamed for his remaining days as the scum of the earth.

Food for thought: a person in a wheelchair cannot ambulate in any other fashion and therefore cannot OC in any other fashion.  Should they be derived their right to self-defense?  In my ideal world: hell no.

EM87:
I suppose it's possible it could be considered a vehicle.  I'm not sure how the law defines vehicle.  Good question...

TheElk:
It's sad that the question must even be considered.

TheQ:

--- Quote from: EM87 on June 18, 2010, 11:58:03 AM ---I suppose it's possible it could be considered a vehicle.  I'm not sure how the law defines vehicle.  Good question...

--- End quote ---
From my recollection of reading the laws here:

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/publications/firearms.pdf

A vehicle for concealed carry purposes is basically anything with a motor.  But my memory could br wrong, I wouldn't trust it.  It'd look in the above PDF carefully.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version