Author Topic: Holster for xdm 9 compact  (Read 9590 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Holster for xdm 9 compact
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2013, 10:26:43 PM »
kcsmith, the Blackhawk Serpa paddle grips exceedingly well.  No one will EVER pull that off of you.  Others are not.  Safariland makes great holsters, but their paddles aren't as secure as Blackhawk's.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2013, 12:20:51 AM »
Once again -- how about the Safariland SLD line?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Jeff

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2013, 01:08:20 AM »
I'm not sure what kind of paddle holster Jeff was referring to when he said it can be "ripped right off you body."  I admit I'm new to OC and don't have a lot of experience with various holsters, but I ended up buying a Serpa for a 1911 Gov't, and unless I'm doing something really wrong, getting the paddle off without dropping my pants in nearly impossible. My dad also has one for a 9mm M&P, and I am almost positive that he cannot take the holster off without undoing his pants.

Every paddle holster I have come in contact with.  I have a fobus paddle that you can just grab, pull and twist slightly and it comes right off even with my belt on very tight.  I saw a safariland (at least I believe that's what he said it was) come right off not long ago, and various other paddles in gun shops when people were checking them out.  Sure without the active retention the gun will come out way before the paddle, but the paddle still isn't hard to remove.

I would love to see a paddle stay on as well as you described.  In the shops, people just slip them in and out of their pants with ease.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2013, 07:53:34 AM »
Every paddle holster I have come in contact with.  I have a fobus paddle that you can just grab, pull and twist slightly and it comes right off even with my belt on very tight.

Blackhawk Serpas are not that way.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2013, 01:39:32 PM »
Blackhawk Serpas are not that way.

I haven't tried one, that is good to know.  The ones I have seen at my local gun shop had belt loops though and weren't paddles.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2013, 04:56:36 PM »
I haven't tried one, that is good to know.  The ones I have seen at my local gun shop had belt loops though and weren't paddles.

They should come with both belt and paddle attachments in the package.  At least the CQC version does.  I weigh well over 200 lbs and you could pick me up by the Serpa paddle holster.   :P

Offline Jeff

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2013, 06:09:46 PM »
They should come with both belt and paddle attachments in the package.  At least the CQC version does.  I weigh well over 200 lbs and you could pick me up by the Serpa paddle holster.   :P

Cool, Next time I go to my local shop to put a payment on my Windham Weaponry AR-15 I will give one a closer inspection.  I don't recall seeing any there with paddles but I will look again and give one a try if they have one.