Author Topic: 'I can't throw him out,' Grand Rapids mayor says about man with gun at school me  (Read 3360 times)

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
Made the new again.

“I can’t throw him out,” Heartwell said. “(It) is just beyond my conception, but unless he’ll leave voluntarily, I can’t put him out of your school.”
Quote from me:
“So, in essence, you would rather have me in this room than get rid of something you don’t use. That really is how simple it is,” Lambert told the commission. “If you really don’t want me here, and really I don’t want to be here, the answer is quite simple. When you say there’s nothing you can do about it, that’s not true. Amend your ordinance you don’t use and I won’t be here anymore.”

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2013/09/i_cant_throw_him_out_grand_rap.html

Note: Thanks to ShadowBear for the quick find.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
So, in essence, you would rather have me in this room than get rid of something you don’t use. That really is how simple it is,” Lambert told the commission. “If you really don’t want me here, and really I don’t want to be here, the answer is quite simple. When you say there’s nothing you can do about it, that’s not true. Amend your ordinance you don’t use and I won’t be here anymore.”

Great quote, Tom!

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
Nice work. Good luck with you continued effort. Seems like teaching your dog to deal cards and change the oil in your car would be easier.
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
Logic is lost on the irrational.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
The public comments after that article make my head hurt.