Author Topic: My New toy. (AR-15 picture)  (Read 6477 times)

Offline Jeff

My New toy. (AR-15 picture)
« on: October 19, 2013, 11:43:52 PM »
Windham Weaponry SRC with an Aimpoint Pro optic and I don't remember the name of the grip I put on.

I have more plans for it but I can't afford to change anything else for quite some time now so it will be like this for awhile.  I will be getting a new sling though, the one it came with is pretty terrible.

Thanks Mosnar87 For helping me make the image larger.

(OP edited)

« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 12:24:26 AM by Jeff »

Offline mosnar87

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ervin
Re: My New toy. (AR-15 picture)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 12:05:36 AM »
On the right side of the photobucket page there is a panel entitled "Links to share this photo", for use on a forum you simply click the IMG link and it will be saved to your clipboard, then right click on the text field while composing your post and select paste from the menu in order to paste the link into your post.

"I don't want to be someone that successfully defends himself with a pistol.  I want to be someone that never has to defend himself with a pistol."
-Bronson, 2013

"Its not what I do for a living, its that I want to keep doing it"
-Evil Creamsicle, 2010

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 12:14:32 AM »
Nice!  The old Bushmaster people before Bushmaster went to hell.  I am an Aimpoint fanboi as well.  I have an older Aimpoint Comp ML2 on one of my AR15's.  I would buy a PRO today.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 12:21:38 AM »
Nice!  The old Bushmaster people before Bushmaster went to hell.  I am an Aimpoint fanboi as well.  I have an older Aimpoint Comp ML2 on one of my AR15's.  I would buy a PRO today.

Yes, I really liked the story about how Windham Weaponry came to be and because of that I chose them for my AR platform.

AND thanks Mosnar87, I see the link over on the right, I haven't posted an image in awhile so I forgot how to do it.  I even screwed up when posting a holster too haha.  I need to take a better photo of that though, I didn't use a camera with a flash and it looks grainy and distorted.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 01:19:28 PM »
Yes, I really liked the story about how Windham Weaponry came to be

I have an older (20 year old) Bushmaster A3 and a new Colt.  You going to put back-up iron sights on your ORC?

Offline Jeff

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 01:55:29 PM »
I have an older (20 year old) Bushmaster A3 and a new Colt.  You going to put back-up iron sights on your ORC?

That would be very cool to own an old Bushmaster, I would make sure I told everyone it isn't current Bushmaster though haha.

Yes, I almost purchased the Magpul MBUS But decided against it for now because of their disclaimer that their sights shouldn't be mounted onto a gas block due to heat issues.  I looked that up and some people claim that the gas block can get hot enough to melt them so I decided against it.

I will probably get some troy industries battle sights (the kind with the diamond shape rear)

I also plan to put in a low profile gas block, and get a Nordic hand guard to free float the barrel. (held a gun with one on it and it felt great)  If I do the handguard as my next project I "COULD" then use the magpul sights, or get the Troy sights first, and the handguard after.  That I am not sure.  I will likely go with a full length handguard and then get some sights, and at this time probably the troy sights.

I was actually very torn between getting that Aimpoint Pro, or some iron sights first, but I decided to go with the red dot because it makes me look more tacti-cool  8)

I will be going to the range next week to zero in my optic and have some fun, If they aren't real busy I will take some video.  I also want to experiment on where to place my optic on the rail (most people say as far forward as possible).  I have tried a few positions, where it is at currently a few notches back seems most comfortable ...for now.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 02:32:44 PM »
most people say as far forward as possible

I concur.  Mine is all the way forward.

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 08:53:35 PM »
ooooh, pretty "ugly black rifle" :)  I love my Windham Arms AR15... wish I had time to shoot it!

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 08:43:29 AM »
If you're looking for ammo, I was looking around on PSA this morning and I see they have Lake City XM855 (5.56 NATO 62gr.) LC headstamp with NATO cross on sale for $419/1,000 rds.

This is for LC American Eagle civilian shelf ammo.  That's a pretty good price now.  Not quite as cheap as I paid for M855 prior to Obama's reelection, but it's getting better every day.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/featured/lake-city-m855-5-56x45-1000rd-bulk-package.html

If you're looking for a case, they have a great bag and six PMAGS on sale for $99.  This looks like the exact same bag I bought from SIG on one of their sales without the SIG embroidery.  The "free" PMAGS are worth $60+ alone.  Add $11 for shipping (I checked), and it's a smokin' deal for $110.  This bag is 36" so it will only fit collapsible stock ARs, not fixed stock.  What I like about this bag is it is pretty heavy duty and has backpack straps on the back.  It also has a wealth of storage as well as MOLLE straps if you want to strap some more junk on, but it needs to be narrow stuff. The inside has a padded divider with a couple of large velcro straps on each half of the case, too.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/featured/palmetto-state-armory-pmags-and-a-bag.html
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 09:20:15 AM by gryphon »

Offline Jeff

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 01:43:34 PM »
Nice, that bag and 6 Pmags seems like a good deal.  I did just buy 3 of them though, I would have 10 total if I did that :)

Thanks for looking out, I will look into that stuff a tad later. :)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 04:14:15 PM »
I did just buy 3 of them though, I would have 10 total if I did that

That's all?

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 04:26:11 PM »
Love it!

Offline Jeff

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 05:41:21 PM »
woa woa woa, How did someone get a picture of my safe 5 years from now?

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
My New toy. (AR-15 picture)
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2013, 07:58:24 PM »
I know someone with a bigger stash.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2013, 12:05:17 AM »
I know someone with a bigger stash.
I think he lost them all in a boating accident while ice fishing a couple years ago.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update