Author Topic: Valued Michigan open Carry members  (Read 32779 times)

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
    • http://michiganopencarry.org
  • First Name (Displayed): john
Re: Valued Michigan open Carry members
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2010, 05:50:25 PM »
LOL My Drama... Thats Grand...anyway thanks for the plug!
"Any day you don't hear a "POP" and "WHIZ" is a Wonderful day....."

Offline FatboyCykes

« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2010, 05:52:16 PM »
I know I'm feeding the proverbial troll here, but yes, your drama.  NP on the plug, from the looks of it, you could use a lot more.

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2010, 05:59:09 PM »
It appears you fancy yourself some sort of prophet, luckily most of us can see you for what you really are.  The only one lashing out is you sir.  You want to be coddled?  AS being blunt and bold too much for your delicate feelings?  Yeesh man.

Feel free to keep all your drama @ http://michigan2a.net/

Thanks!

Haha nice professionalism there. Way to represent! Another wonderful self appointment to MOC.INC. Keep up the great moderation....As I should lash out. I do not represent anyone other then myself. You and the other chronies don't seem to see or care whom you represent.

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2010, 06:08:18 PM »
Qoute: from other sub forum.

The reasons/excuses work for a little while but after 3 months and multiple e-mails it just plain looks bad.

MOC card, stickers, key chain, print materials; it really doesn't matter what it is.  What matters is what was promised should be sent.
When someone sends in their money they shouldn't be ignored or made to feel like an idiot when they inquire.

I am not sure I want to refer anyone to MOC membership until this is sorted out cause like someone said their OC pistol is all the credentials needed.

This is how MOC.INC treats its paying members yet monies have not be accounted for? This guy paid his fee for this so-called membership. He made a public complaint in this public forum.. Yet the moderators and staff are busy posting unprofessional responses to non members in regards to real MOC issue's. What coffee cup takes 3 months to ship? Is pretty much the only question I have as a non paying member.

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2010, 06:21:57 PM »
It appears you fancy yourself some sort of prophet, luckily most of us can see you for what you really are.  The only one lashing out is you sir.  You want to be coddled?  AS being blunt and bold too much for your delicate feelings?  Yeesh man.

Feel free to keep all your drama @ http://michigan2a.net/

Thanks!
I am a prophet. A prophet of how volunteer orgnizations fail! They all fail for the same reason's. I really hope MOC.INC can get it together and do whats right and legal.

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2010, 06:45:21 PM »
If you don't like it here Wardog there are other options... no one is forcing you to stay and post here... or even read here... 

However please don't take this to mean I think you should leave. I really don't care one way or the other.

Finally if I didnt like MOC.INC why would I post positive idea's in this thread? If I didn't believe in MOC why would I bother? If I didnt believe in UFO why would I have bothered. Why do I go to OC events and support them? If I didnt care? Just because I and others have issue's with the daily operating practices of the current regime , does not mean we dont believe in the core goals. MOC.INC has issue's hiding them or putting the lurkers off by voicing the truth is that much more reason to fix the issue's at hand. The day MOC.INC recognizes and fixes the issue's it has is probably the day some of us relax a bit.

Offline ken243

• MOC Member
  • Paramedic
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2010, 04:35:58 AM »
Well, I ran into this topic and felt like I need to comment. Wardog, I agree with you. I see what many others are saying and I understand their point. But, it is not our job as tax payers to develop and train a police force. Our tax dollars pay for a working police force. It is the responsibility of senior law enforcement officials in said department to make sure their officers are up to date on all laws they are expected to enforce. If we take it upon ourselves to educate LE on this topic, where does it end? The expectation of citizens to train officers on car seats, traffic stops, etc? I feel this would only make the education and training divisions of police departments more behind the ball than what they already are... If the departments are not willing or haven't taken the time to do their job, then there must be a penalty. (i.e. lawsuit) I do not expect the police to come to my place of business and teach me to administer medications or start and IV. So, I do not believe it is correct to go to a police dept. and teach them the laws they should already know. Its just like raising a child. You can teach them the right way but sometimes you just need to let them make their own mistakes.
Common sense, isn't.
I can't fix stupid.

Offline drtodd

• MOC Member
  • MOC Charter Member
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2010, 11:42:34 AM »
Well, I ran into this topic and felt like I need to comment. Wardog, I agree with you. I see what many others are saying and I understand their point. But, it is not our job as tax payers to develop and train a police force. Our tax dollars pay for a working police force. It is the responsibility of senior law enforcement officials in said department to make sure their officers are up to date on all laws they are expected to enforce. If we take it upon ourselves to educate LE on this topic, where does it end? The expectation of citizens to train officers on car seats, traffic stops, etc? I feel this would only make the education and training divisions of police departments more behind the ball than what they already are... If the departments are not willing or haven't taken the time to do their job, then there must be a penalty. (i.e. lawsuit) I do not expect the police to come to my place of business and teach me to administer medications or start and IV. So, I do not believe it is correct to go to a police dept. and teach them the laws they should already know. Its just like raising a child. You can teach them the right way but sometimes you just need to let them make their own mistakes.

Before I go too far, MCOLES training REQUIRES that, in order to teach anything regarding the law, that the trainer be a licensed attorney or that they are otherwise approved by MCOLES.  This means that in order for the training to count as Professional Development or Initial training, we would have to have a member who is an attorney (or otherwise approved) provide this training.

I think EVERYONE (wardog included) brings up very good points in their posts.  However, most of the posters then ruin a perfectly good and helpful observation by crossing into what could be termed personal attacks.  If everyone could communicate under the proposition that every person here is posting with pure motives and intentions, even in the face of evidence that they are not, this discussion could have been distilled down to probably 4-5 posts.  To respond any other way is simply counter to productive discussion. (I know, I am guilty of it too)

BTW: the responsibility falls most heavily, though, upon MOC membership... especially those who are assumed to speak with some official sanction for the organization itself " ie an MOC non-member: little-to-no responsibility; MOC President, Board, Moderators, other people given an official title: Huge responsibility. 

The increasing ability power/ability/prerogative to act or speak for MOC carries the increasing weight of responsibility to act honorable and without ill-intent.  or much ability power/ability/prerogative = much responsibility

This in mind, I would hope that anyone banned would only be so under the most unusual circumstances and that they have the opportunity to appeal the decision.  Also, any information or interpretation of the information, which is purely subjective in nature should be decided in favor of the person appealing the ban.

Last, I've included the problems associated with GROUPTHINK... these are some of the issues that will kill MOC if we let them, folks.

--Illusions of invulnerability creating excessive optimism and encouraging risk taking.
--Rationalizing warnings that might challenge the group's assumptions.
--Unquestioned belief in the morality of the group, causing members to ignore the consequences of their actions.
--Stereotyping those who are opposed to the group as weak, evil, biased, spiteful, disfigured, impotent, or stupid.
--Direct pressure to conform placed on any member who questions the group, couched in terms of "disloyalty".
--Self censorship of ideas that deviate from the apparent group consensus.
--Illusions of unanimity among group members, silence is viewed as agreement.
--Mind guards — self-appointed members who shield the group from dissenting information.
"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." Miller v. U.S. 230 F 486 at 489

"Where rights as secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which will abrogate them." Miranda v. Ariz., 384 U.S. 436 at 491 (1966).

Offline NHCGRPR45

• Macomb Twp. MI
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2010, 09:02:34 PM »
i have to agree with drtodd, i may not be a member (yet) and the reason for this is, well all the in-fighting. and i understand this is a relatively new group, and when i stop hearing about how long it takes to get membership, cards, mugs and other stuff. i was a member of the NRA up until they started selling out. i called and had them remove my name from their life membership list. when MOC finally gets all there ducks in a row then i can see myself getting on board, i will continue to hand out the tri-folds, and OC'ing and helping out by going to picnics and council meetings, and i think there is a great idea that i can get behind with OC and MOC in general. but we need to be a little more, well i can't really put a point on it i guess, but a house divided cannot stand, i learned that a long time ago in the army and in private life, i hope MOC gets a huge following and i think it will! well stay safe everyone!
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such goverment, and to provide new gaurds for their future security. United States Constitution.

Offline wardog6t

• Go Army, Beat Navy!
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2010, 11:14:28 PM »
There are a lot of people that agree and support MOC.INC. Regardless of membership due's. MOC.INC should seriously consider a credit for work membership program. Where those individuals that support and volunteer there time a various events recieve a free membership dependant on how many hours or time they provide to the cause.

Offline cabman1

« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2010, 12:06:22 AM »
There are a lot of people that agree and support MOC.INC. Regardless of membership due's. MOC.INC should seriously consider a credit for work membership program. Where those individuals that support and volunteer there time a various events recieve a free membership dependant on how many hours or time they provide to the cause.

I agree wardog i will start wworking on that!!!!
My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of  Michigan Open Carry Inc or the law.