Author Topic: Persistent Police in Wixom, MI  (Read 17924 times)

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Persistent Police in Wixom, MI
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2013, 11:40:17 PM »
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: Persistent Police in Wixom, MI
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2013, 01:20:09 PM »
How do I educate the police on open carry laws that they clearly aren't familiar with if I don't stay to talk? The best part about all that is that the officers didnt know they were being filmed, so it keeps them honest.

I think you did a decent job - however when you can, fix the date/time stamp on your recording device. It is your witness, and courts make no effort to understand technical malfunctions.

The citizen was a total asshat, clearly you couldn't have looked that crazy. If so, why the hell would he walk upto a police stop and put himself in harms way? Typical dumbass - I carry hidden, that way the muggers can mistake me for a unarmed citizen & then I can try to fight my way out of an already "F"d up situation.  The conceal only crowd is a little nutty when you consider this. Hey not saying a hidden pistol is not useful, saying its need to be used may have been avoided in the first place. 

Carry on OPENLY & whatever other way makes sense for you. ;)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 02:26:49 PM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Re: Persistent Police in Wixom, MI
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2013, 01:42:22 PM »
Typical dumbass - I carry hidden, that way the muggers can mistake me for a unarmed citizen & then I can try to fight my way out of an already "F"d up situation.

Hiding his pistol didn't work out so good for this guy.

The victim told officers that hitting the car injured his arm and he was unable to defend himself. As the suspect, 34-year-old Willie Merriweather, searched the man he found the pistol, held it to the victim's head and demanded the rest of his valuables. The man lost his gun and wallet in the robbery.

CCer robbed with own gun

I tell people, if you're in a situation where you have to surprise someone with your gun, you're already in deep poop.

Offline WilDChilD

Re: Persistent Police in Wixom, MI
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2013, 07:42:31 PM »
http://bit.ly/1dLhid4
I'm sure the audio/video quality varies in spy glasses. Those seemed to be a pretty good pair that's why I wanted to know make/model. Not because I was to lazy to look. 

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2013, 07:58:10 AM »
I'm sure the audio/video quality varies in spy glasses. Those seemed to be a pretty good pair that's why I wanted to know make/model. Not because I was to lazy to look.

I would be more concerned about battery life and longevity almost more than I would the audio/video quality.  How long you can record and how many charges it can take before that battery life starts diminishing can turn them into nothing more than a paperweight.

Offline WilDChilD

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2013, 10:30:40 AM »
I would be more concerned about battery life and longevity almost more than I would the audio/video quality.  How long you can record and how many charges it can take before that battery life starts diminishing can turn them into nothing more than a paperweight.
Ya that was part of my original question as well.

Offline hells.saints

• First Name (Displayed): James
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2013, 01:44:51 PM »
The sunglasses are pretty low quality. $20 on eBay. They record for about an hour per GB of data you put in the micro SD slot. The battery only lasts about two hours.

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2013, 07:28:12 PM »
If you want good quality I suggest a go pro   ::)

Offline Jeff

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2013, 01:09:03 AM »
The picture is so large on my monitor I feel a bit intimidated.  BAN CAMERAS!

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2013, 11:45:45 AM »
lol yeah, sorry about that.  stole it from google and dint feel like finding a smaller one.

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2013, 11:13:35 PM »
Why not just get Google glass. You can capture pictures and take video.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2013, 11:38:14 AM »
Why not just get Google glass. You can capture pictures and take video.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

GG is very obvious and I would expect most cops would assume they are camera glasses even if they didn't actually know what GG is.

Offline ProXaQ

Persistent Police in Wixom, MI
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2014, 10:10:50 PM »
Not to mention, seriously still expensive.