Author Topic: Macomb County Gunboard  (Read 15150 times)

Offline Jeff

Re: Macomb County Gunboard
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2013, 11:23:17 PM »
Yeah, I made the biggest mistake of my life moving to Macomb County.  They violate law, severely overstep their authority and make people wait up to 5 months, but I don't have the kind of money to get a lawyer to lay into them so I have to suck it up, play nice, shine my shoes, iron my pants, put on a smile then answer stupid questions that I already answered on my application so that 3 people can make a paycheck.

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2013, 02:08:10 PM »
I certainly did not dress business casual when applying in 2010 and have no plans to dress up for them when renewing next year.

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Macomb County Gunboard
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2013, 03:47:52 PM »

I certainly did not dress business casual when applying in 2010 and have no plans to dress up for them when renewing next year.

I hear their SOP doesn't require renewals to show.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2013, 06:33:52 PM »
I hear their SOP doesn't require renewals to show.
that's correct
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Jeff

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2013, 05:59:34 PM »
I am back, I got my CPL.

Such a waste of time sitting in a room listening to everyone answer the same questions in the exact same way just waiting for your name to be called to do the same thing.  Everything already on the application you filed MANY MONTHS before that they already verified.

A few people didn't get theirs though because of court cases that were never closed.  Nice of the gun board to have them wait 4-5 months to tell them instead of writing a letter. 

I feel I must end on a positive note though.  The view out the window over the city with a lake in the background looked very nice.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2013, 08:11:58 PM »
I am back, I got my CPL.

Congratulations!

Offline Jeff

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2013, 10:35:31 PM »
Congratulations!

Thanks Mr Gryphon.  Now I can open carry in my car, and make everyone in my city uncomfortable since I will be the only one haha.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2013, 12:32:30 AM »
Thanks Mr Gryphon.  Now I can possess in my car, and make everyone in my city uncomfortable since I will be the only one haha.

FIFY.  There is no provision in the law for open carry in a car.  Possession with CPL or transport without.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Macomb County Gunboard
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2013, 12:50:15 AM »

FIFY.  There is no provision in the law for open carry in a car.  Possession with CPL or transport without.

Technically "carried otherwise". See MCL 750.227 for exact language.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2013, 08:18:42 AM »
He knows that.  That's why he stated he needs a CPL.  I took it to mean he can now remain wearing his pistol openly without having to disarm before entering his car.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2013, 03:37:18 PM »
He knows that.  That's why he stated he needs a CPL.  I took it to mean he can now remain wearing his pistol openly without having to disarm before entering his car.

Yar.  I just said "open carry" because now I won't have to unload and case my pistol and throw it in the trunk.

Too bad we aren't one of those wonderful states that actually recognize open carry in a car and not considering it concealed.  Now I just need an active retention holster, I already have recommendations from several people here so I will look around a bit.

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2013, 04:30:00 PM »
Yar.  I just said "open carry" because now I won't have to unload and case my pistol and throw it in the trunk.

Too bad we aren't one of those wonderful states that actually recognize open carry in a car and not considering it concealed.  Now I just need an active retention holster, I already have recommendations from several people here so I will look around a bit.

We are working on that. If things go well, we will get a bill introduced this session.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2013, 04:41:10 PM »
We are working on that. If things go well, we will get a bill introduced this session.

Offline hamaneggs

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2013, 10:59:33 PM »
They will question anything you have on record.Been there done that, made a speech thet included The 2A, Article1 Sec.6, 2A function attendance(picnics,rallies etc.) and mentioned the seriousness of My Responsibility to follow Art1Sec6 in The Defense of My Fellow Citizens! Be Confident in doing what IS RIGHT because YOU ARE RIGHT And It Is YOUR RIGHT!! CARRY ON!
In GOD I TRUST! Luke 22:36 "and if You don't have a sword,sell Your cloak and buy one". Nehemiah 4:17 "Those who carried materials did their work with one hand and held a weapon in the other,and each of the builders wore his sword at His side as He worked."  I AGREE! AMEN!