Author Topic: Washtenaw County BOC sued over Stand your Ground  (Read 2313 times)

Offline sircapsalot

• Land of the FREE
  • First Name (Displayed): Dj
Washtenaw County BOC sued over Stand your Ground
« on: October 24, 2013, 03:47:39 PM »
http://annarborchronicle.com/2013/10/24/washtenaw-board-sued-over-stand-your-ground/ Raauflaub's Complaint (.pdf)

Ypsilanti attorney David Raaflaub has filed a lawsuit against the Washtenaw County board of commissioners over a resolution that the board passed on Oct. 16, 2013. The resolution, which was approved on a 5-4 vote, urged state legislators to repeal Michigan’s Stand Your Ground law. [.pdf of board resolution] [.pdf of Raaflaub complaint]

<clipped for copyright fair use>
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 05:37:21 PM by TheQ »

Offline jgillmanjr

• MOC Member
    • Freedom Forged Security Consulting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
Re: Washtenaw County BOC sued over Stand your Ground
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 07:43:26 AM »
http://annarborchronicle.com/2013/10/24/washtenaw-board-sued-over-stand-your-ground/ Raauflaub's Complaint (.pdf)

Ypsilanti attorney David Raaflaub has filed a lawsuit against the Washtenaw County board of commissioners over a resolution that the board passed on Oct. 16, 2013. The resolution, which was approved on a 5-4 vote, urged state legislators to repeal Michigan’s Stand Your Ground law. [.pdf of board resolution] [.pdf of Raaflaub complaint]

<clipped for copyright fair use>

I agree that the resolution calling for the repeal of stand your ground is bunk.

However, I'm really not sure anything is actionable (or should it necessarily be so).

If that was the case, the Grand Traverse County Board could have been on the hook when they passed the resolution calling for Right to Work back in 2011.
IT Director
Deputy Treasurer
Legislative Aide

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Washtenaw County BOC sued over Stand your Ground
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 03:04:02 PM »
The suit will be dismissed as meritless, which it is.

Northern MI counties passed resolutions supporting 2A. They didn't get sued.
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).