MOC Classifieds > "Want" Ads

Looking for 9mm Hydra-Shok 124gr +P+

(1/6) > >>

linux203:
I shoot the Federal Hydra-Shok 9mm 124gr +P+ out of my Glock 26. I'm looking specifically for P9HS3G1.  The only rounds I have left are what I carry on me.

The standard pressure rounds are readily available at 1000 fps.  The +P+ are 1170fps.  Of course, both are traveling slower out of the 3.5" barrel.

If anyone has some they are willing to sell or knows anywhere that has them in stock, let me know.  I am not a LEO, there are some websites that will only sell that load to LEOs.  I'm in the Lansing area.

TIA.

gryphon:
I switched from Hydra-Shok to HST several years ago as I think it is better.

And you can get 9mm 124gr. HST @ 1200 FPS, 396 ft lbs.  Part number P9HST3.  Anyone will sell it, if you can find it in stock.  AmmunitionToGo, SGAmmo, TDS-US, Ammunitiondepot, whoever.  Have you considered shooting standard pressure loads?  ;D  Or heavier loads? 

Winchester Ranger T-Series stuff (RA9TA, etc.) is also good.

I don't shoot 9mm so I'm not up on all the different 9mm loads, but I will probably be getting my wife an M&P 9mm so I will buy her HST when I do.

linux203:

--- Quote from: gryphon on October 26, 2013, 06:47:54 PM ---I switched from Hydra-Shok to HST several years ago as I think it is better.

And you can get 9mm 124gr. HST @ 1200 FPS, 396 ft lbs.  Part number P9HST3.  Anyone will sell it, if you can find it in stock.  AmmunitionToGo, SGAmmo, TDS-US, Ammunitiondepot, whoever.  Have you considered shooting standard pressure loads?  ;D  Or heavier loads? 

Winchester Ranger T-Series stuff (RA9TA, etc.) is also good.

I don't shoot 9mm so I'm not up on all the different 9mm loads, but I will probably be getting my wife an M&P 9mm so I will buy her HST when I do.

--- End quote ---

I found some chrono data for ammo out of the 3.5" barrel.  You loose anywhere from 5% to 20% velocity, depending on the load.  IIRC, ammo is rated using a 5" barrel.

I shoot 147gr in my Glock 17.  Longer barrel to get a heavier projectile up to speed.

I'll see if I can find some expansion tests for the HST and compare.

gryphon:
Here's some HST (top) and Ranger (below) caliber comparisons.

HST

Ranger

Manuf. comparison.

And here's a LEO chart you might be interested in showing HST expansion in various media.  Testing of P9HST3 was 1260 FPS.  Bullet expands equally for all loadings, but oddly enough the faster round seems to penetrate less. 

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Federal-Premium-Tactical-HST-Ammo-Comparison.jpg <- link

fozzy71:
I have #7 in my gun right now and more in the ammo case.  I also have some boxes of #9 and #10.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version