Author Topic: CPL  (Read 11713 times)

Offline Jeff

Re: CPL
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 07:01:36 AM »

There are hundreds of thousands of CPLs and probably 10s of thousands of MM cards. For only one incident of a MM user revocation and 7 card carrier revocations, there's got to be more to these stories.

I am thinking that as well, perhaps a long history of drug abuse with a few other charges AND they were issued a MM card.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2014, 09:13:00 AM »
I am thinking that as well, perhaps a long history of drug abuse with a few other charges AND they were issued a MM card.
Or maybe as simple as during an "encounter" the individual exercises some rights and is perceived to be "uncooperative" by the LEO who later discovers that their is a MM card issued to the person and "discusses" that fact with the County Gun Board.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Jeff

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2014, 09:29:46 AM »
Or maybe as simple as during an "encounter" the individual exercises some rights and is perceived to be "uncooperative" by the LEO who later discovers that their is a MM card issued to the person and "discusses" that fact with the County Gun Board.

...Politics :(

Offline karudin

• First Name (Displayed): Gregg
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2014, 02:29:49 PM »
I agree there has to be something to the 8 individuals that had their license revoked, I was just saying that it was cited specifically as the cause of a license being revoked.  I wouldn't put it past LEOs to use to against someone they don't like. Until there is some sort of precedence  set on having a CPL and MM license I think it is purely a personal/political decision. If it is some average Joe that rubs a cop the wrong way (has done nothing illegal) they will probably get it revoked, but if it is someone with money or politically connected I'm sure they'd just look the other way.

Now the question is, how many licenses don't get issued because a person has a MM license. All they have to do is classify the denial as "Licensing Board Decision" and no one can really determine if gun boards are denying based on MM license. I could be wrong, honestly haven't taken the time to dig into it too much.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2014, 03:22:27 PM »
All they have to do is classify the denial as "Licensing Board Decision" and no one can really determine if gun boards are denying based on MM license. I could be wrong, honestly haven't taken the time to dig into it too much.

They could take it to court and force them to try to explain why they denied the license, if they had no legitimate reason the person will get their CPL.

Offline karudin

• First Name (Displayed): Gregg
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2014, 10:33:55 PM »
They could take it to court and force them to try to explain why they denied the li. nse, if they had no legitimate reason the person will get their CPL.

I meant we as in you and I do think know why they were denied. I know if i was denied and they didnt give me a straight forward reason i would be digging.