Author Topic: Going to the bathroom  (Read 6883 times)

Offline Smashfacekrav

• First Name (Displayed): Smashfacekrav
Going to the bathroom
« on: November 08, 2013, 01:02:05 PM »
I have been CCing for a while and OCing just this year. I have yet to find the best way to secure or arrange my firearm when needing to sit down, if you know what I mean?  Having it lay on the floor or taking it out of holster works but don't like it. Any suggestions or experiences would help. Thanks the the future responses. I am looking forward to them.

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Going to the bathroom
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 01:08:32 PM »
If large enough, on top of TP holder, or hammock mode in your pants.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 04:42:34 PM »
buy a $1 roll of duct tape flatten it out shove it into your pocket and tape it to the wall.

As Gryphon said, and I believe it's the most common to go hammock mode in your pants.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 05:05:33 PM »
buy a $1 roll of duct tape flatten it out shove it into your pocket and tape it to the wall.
That's a novel approach. 

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 08:11:32 PM »
The problem with the hammock mode is that you then have gun lube in your drawers and on your junk the rest of the day.

I suggest dropping your pants to your ankles then refasten your belt on the first notch then pull your drawers over the holstered so the outside
of your drawers cover the holstered gun.
No gun lube inside your drawers and no AD from unnecessarily handling the gun.

Offline Smashfacekrav

Going to the bathroom
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 08:13:03 PM »
I like, I'll call it Going Gilligan style.  Now I know why mama always said to have clean underwear on.

General George Patton

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 09:56:07 PM »
The problem with the hammock mode is that you then have gun lube in your drawers and on your junk the rest of the day.
Either you lube your pistols too much or I don't lube mine enough!

Offline 32_d3gr33s

• First Name (Displayed): Anthony
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 01:32:06 AM »

that may come in handy if you find yourself in a tight situation later in the day  ;)
I could write something cliché and insightful, but that would be too cliché and insightful.

I shoot first... its better to give than to receive

Offline Smashfacekrav

Going to the bathroom
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 10:28:10 AM »
Super trucker. Good advice tried it. Buckling belt works and keeps gun from flopping around.

General George Patton

Offline hevymetal

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 10:44:06 AM »
Hammock mode, or as Trrucker said refasten your belt to prevent it from sliding around while you are conducting your business. With winter coming if you have a coat with an inside pocket and your firearm fits inside, switch it to the inside of your coat before dropping your drawers.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 03:14:19 PM »

You assume that I don't gun lube up my junk every day when I get out of the shower anyways?

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 04:14:51 PM »
TMI! 

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
Re: Re: Going to the bathroom
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2013, 09:53:08 AM »
You assume that I don't gun lube up my junk every day when I get out of the shower anyways?

You are taking the "this is my rifle, this is my gun" line waaaayyyyyy to seriously.

Offline harleyh77

• First Name (Displayed): Steve
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 11:27:32 PM »
I purchased a new belt almost a month ago. Its two layer bullhide with a stiffner sewn between the layers. The holster doesn't touch the floor. This belt is so stiff i can hold my pants up by one hand in the rear middle of the belt with my keys, wallet, empty holster, flash light, full 15rd mag and cell phone. The open end of the belt drops only a couple inches. Bought the belt from thebeltman.net.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life" -Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Jeff

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2013, 12:19:58 AM »
I purchased a new belt almost a month ago. Its two layer bullhide with a stiffner sewn between the layers. The holster doesn't touch the floor. This belt is so stiff i can hold my pants up by one hand in the rear middle of the belt with my keys, wallet, empty holster, flash light, full 15rd mag and cell phone. The open end of the belt drops only a couple inches. Bought the belt from thebeltman.net.

Nice,  my belt is really flimsy.  I am going to get one custom made probably next week from Foxx Holsters that are only about 5 minutes away from me.  I will go check them out when I get back from hunting Thursday.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 03:56:23 PM »

must be a macomb county thing. but why stop at only the junk? its a great moisturizer!!!!

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2013, 07:38:07 PM »