Author Topic: Hunters out there?  (Read 4472 times)

Offline Jeff

Hunters out there?
« on: November 10, 2013, 11:46:53 PM »
So I have never hunted before and I have a few questions.  I looked into it but don't have a solid concrete answer.

When looking into how much "hunter orange" apparel you need to wear.  All I found was that the most outer layer of clothing needs to be orange.  And listed Cap or hat or jacket or vest or raincoat (in appropriate color)  It never specifically said I needed a hat AND a vest so I am not sure if just a hat or just a vest is ok.

Also It has been so many years since I have taken a hunters safety course, but I do remember it was pretty much a common sense joke class however.  It states that if you were born after 1960 that I needed a hunters safety certificate OR last years hunting license OR sign the license in front of the issuing agent.  So if I do not have a hunters safety certificate or last years hunting license.....I can simply sign it in front of them and not need a hunters safety certificate?

Also I will try to post up some pictures if I am good to go, even if it's just me with a frown face standing in a pile of spent casings because I can't hit anything but trees and the ground.  I'm just kidding I'm a decent shot :) ....at paper... that doesn't move.... at a fixed distance... in a controlled environment...  ...crap.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Hunters out there?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 12:07:37 AM »

Offline Jeff

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 12:09:44 AM »
hahahahahhahaha LOL.

NICE!!

Offline Jeff

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 01:53:59 PM »
Well, I can't go hunting because they won't give me a hunting license because I don't have a hunters safety certificate.  I had one...like 20 years ago but I don't know my ID number so I'm boned.  I don't have the time to get another one before Thursday so that's it for me.  Good luck to everyone else.  :(

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 04:11:19 PM »
Bambi is safe this year. 

Offline Jeff

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 05:06:32 PM »
Actually Bambi isn't safe this year.  I got a place to sell me a license.  They asked me if I have taken a hunters safety course....and I have (although long ago) so I said yes and done.  I should have gotten the combo that would let me take 2 deer :D but I only got the single.

I doubt I even end up seeing a deer anyways, but I'm sure being up at the cabin will be fun too.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 05:44:56 PM »
I doubt I even end up seeing a deer anyways
Come in my back yard.

Offline Rustykeys

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 10:35:18 PM »
Well, I can't go hunting because they won't give me a hunting license because I don't have a hunters safety certificate.  I had one...like 20 years ago but I don't know my ID number so I'm boned.  I don't have the time to get another one before Thursday so that's it for me.  Good luck to everyone else.  :(

Actually you can get a copy through the state DNR of the state you took you course in. I did just that this year. Took mine back in the eighties. So I called up the DNR gave them the info the searched it, found it, and emailed the link where I could print it for my license. In only took about 15 minutes. So I would say you are good to go! Let us know how it turns out for ya.
“We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.”

– Benjamin Franklin

A right not exercised is a right lost.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 11:25:17 PM »
Actually you can get a copy through the state DNR of the state you took you course in. I did just that this year. Took mine back in the eighties. So I called up the DNR gave them the info the searched it, found it, and emailed the link where I could print it for my license. In only took about 15 minutes. So I would say you are good to go! Let us know how it turns out for ya.

I did find on their website today that I can recover a lost certificate.  So I put in my information and hopefully I will get a reply one of these days.  I don't live in the address that I had when I took my safety course but hopefully they can find it with just my name and birth day.  Hopefully I will end up with a way to print one at home because it did mention a possible charge.  Only time will tell, I appreciate the information.  If I don't get anywhere with what I already did I will call.

and GRYPHON all my replies are sent from your back yard....OOOooOooOO /stalker

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 08:05:34 AM »

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
Hunters out there?