Author Topic: "Dog" Bounty Hunter and Wife afraid of guns?  (Read 5439 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
"Dog" Bounty Hunter and Wife afraid of guns?
« on: November 15, 2013, 01:39:44 AM »
“This guy came over to me while I was out of my car and started saying, ‘We’re big fans and we want autographs and photos,’” Beth told Radar.  “Duane was down at the lake fishing. He came up and told them to get out of here. We then called the cops on the guy with the gun, gathered our stuff and split. We aren’t going to have our kids someplace where there are firearms.”

Beth called the police asking about the concealed weapons carrying law and how it pertained to public areas and parks with children present.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/07/beth-chapman-arrest-warrant-issued-dog-bounty-hunter/

Offline Jeff

Re: "Dog" Bounty Hunter and Wife afraid of guns?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 07:11:17 AM »
Id have my hand on my gun if I were close to that wolf too.

Offline Sig Sauer

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 10:34:46 PM »
Chapman aka Dog the bounty hunter is a convicted felon from Texas hence he cannot own a gun or be around them which is partly why I think they freaked out. Note on his show they never carry a gun only a bottle of mace of something like that.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 10:50:29 PM »
Chapman aka Dog the bounty hunter is a convicted felon from Texas hence he cannot own a gun or be around them which is partly why I think they freaked out. Note on his show they never carry a gun only a bottle of mace of something like that.
Convicted of first degree murder in 1976.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 11:56:14 PM »
Chapman aka Dog the bounty hunter is a convicted felon from Texas hence he cannot own a gun or be around them

Correct. His wife is also a felon I believe. Nevertheless, they seem to be afraid if other law-abiding citizens have them.

Offline sircapsalot

• Land of the FREE
  • First Name (Displayed): Dj
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 09:43:23 AM »
If you watch their show, they don't even have real guns.  Pretty sure it's just for show anyway.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 04:58:21 PM »
being a felon means they cannot own firearms. i have seen their son leeland with guns though. it was on one of the episodes.

they preach there are less than lethal ways of apprehending fugitives from the law. they use stun guns and mace over firearms.

i know quite a few bounty hunters in the detroit area. they all carry guns. ofc you can find a fully auto ak in detroit for 300-400 on the streets. got to have some way to at least try to match the fire power.

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 09:50:10 PM »
being a felon means they cannot own firearms. i have seen their son leeland with guns though. it was on one of the episodes.

I've seen them with paintball guns, but never firearms.

If you get a prosecutor that decides a paintball is a dangerous projectile, the paintball gun can be construed as a firearm under MCL 28.421(1)(b).  This is a slippery slope because of preemption.  They can loose the ability to regulate if they call it a firearm.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 08:22:10 AM »
they are pepperball guns, they shoot mace filled pepper balls.

http://www.pepperball.com/