Author Topic: But he was a good boy  (Read 3395 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
But he was a good boy
« on: November 21, 2013, 09:40:35 PM »
Alabama family is irate Good Samaritan shot their son…as he held a gun to an employee’s head during armed robbery

The family of a suspected thief is lashing out after their son was shot during an armed robbery.

“He had the gun to his head. He had him on his knees,” said the man. “I drew my gun on him and I said ‘Hey don’t move.’ At that point he swung around and before he had a chance to aim the gun at me I fired. I didn’t want to shoot him.”

A family member who did not want to be identified said White should have never been shot to begin with.

“What gives him the right to think that it’s okay to just shoot someone?” said the relative. “You should have just left the store and went wherever you had to go in your car or whatever.”

http://bearingarms.com/alabama-family-is-irate-good-samaritan-shot-their-son-as-he-held-a-gun-to-an-employees-head-during-armed-robbery/

Oh yeah, the thug was a two-time loser who was out on bond for a prior robbery.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: But he was a good boy
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 09:46:19 PM »
Plain nucking futs!!!
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 10:34:38 PM »
Too many people are under the illusions that their children can do no wrong.  The family needs glass belly buttons:  Their heads are so far up their butts, they need a way to see out.

They should be grateful you can visit your thug in jail instead of a tombstone.  I'm guessing if the customer would have been a LEO, the robber would be dead and the officer would be commended.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline Langenc

• MOC Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 11:16:11 PM »
Sopunds like the thug from Florida-that Obamas son would have looked like.

The gun mag that Massad writes for had a write up about that case and the facts that did not make it to the newspaper/TV. If it wasnt 6 bucks Id like to have a copy of that one.

Offline mosnar87

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ervin
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 01:04:00 AM »
Sopunds like the thug from Florida-that Obamas son would have looked like.

The gun mag that Massad writes for had a write up about that case and the facts that did not make it to the newspaper/TV. If it wasnt 6 bucks Id like to have a copy of that one.

Start here then follow internal links to the following articles.
"I don't want to be someone that successfully defends himself with a pistol.  I want to be someone that never has to defend himself with a pistol."
-Bronson, 2013

"Its not what I do for a living, its that I want to keep doing it"
-Evil Creamsicle, 2010

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 04:55:36 PM »
if i am ever in that situation i would have reacted the same way. to my knowledge keep in mind IANAL.

the BG who was robbing the place was in the process of commiting a felony. the GG drew his what im assuming was a legally holstered and carried gun. the BG then spun around in a threatening manner that made the GG feel his life was in immediate jeopardy. he discharged his firearm and struck the BG.....

clean shoot in self defense in my eyes..

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 09:22:38 PM »
made the GG feel his life was in immediate jeopardy.

MCL 780.972
Sec. 2.

(1) An individual who has not or is not engaged in the commission of a crime at the time he or she uses deadly force may use deadly force against another individual anywhere he or she has the legal right to be with no duty to retreat if either of the following applies:

(a) The individual honestly and reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the imminent death of or imminent great bodily harm to himself or herself or to another individual.

(b) The individual honestly and reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to prevent the imminent sexual assault of himself or herself or of another individual.

(2) An individual who has not or is not engaged in the commission of a crime at the time he or she uses force other than deadly force may use force other than deadly force against another individual anywhere he or she has the legal right to be with no duty to retreat if he or she honestly and reasonably believes that the use of that force is necessary to defend himself or herself or another individual from the imminent unlawful use of force by another individual.

Not criticizing what occurred, but a gun to employee's head would satisfy the Michigan statute without the perpetrator ever engaging the good samaritan.  Not sure if Alabama law extends to another individual.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36