Author Topic: thoughts? Officer shooting at car full of kids...  (Read 3728 times)

Offline 32_d3gr33s

• First Name (Displayed): Anthony
I could write something cliché and insightful, but that would be too cliché and insightful.

I shoot first... its better to give than to receive

Offline casper

Re: thoughts? Officer shooting at car full of kids...
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 04:02:07 PM »
Why would the police be in hot water. It wasn't the drivers fault ? She and her son "will" get away with it and we all know why.

Offline mosnar87

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ervin
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 04:03:17 PM »
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Fleeing an officer in the middle of him writing a ticket, then trying to walk off when he is preparing to cuff and detain you for said act, then having your son try to attack the officer for what appears to be a second time in the same event and then fleeing again... Not surprising that the backup would overreact a bit. I will not defend firing on children, but the mother and son did contribute quite a bit to escalating the situation.

Bottom line; don't flee/resist a lawful detainment/arrest.
"I don't want to be someone that successfully defends himself with a pistol.  I want to be someone that never has to defend himself with a pistol."
-Bronson, 2013

"Its not what I do for a living, its that I want to keep doing it"
-Evil Creamsicle, 2010

Offline Golden Eagle

• MOC Member
  • I VOTED
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 01:42:57 PM »
Some news story's I saw left out that the first LEO was assaulted and that it was her SECOND time fleeing.
This news story is so one sided it makes me sick.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."

George Washington

Offline jgillmanjr

• MOC Member
    • Freedom Forged Security Consulting
  • First Name (Displayed): Jason
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 02:32:17 PM »
Some news story's I saw left out that the first LEO was assaulted and that it was her SECOND time fleeing.
This news story is so one sided it makes me sick.

The fact still stands that fire was opened against kids who didn't do anything.
IT Director
Deputy Treasurer
Legislative Aide

Offline casper

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 03:15:07 PM »
No, some of the kids didn't do anything. The fact remains it was the driver and 14 year old kid that caused this. It looked to me like the officer was shooting at the tires anyway, not the kids in the car. You can't blame this on the police this time.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 03:26:18 PM by casper »

Offline 32_d3gr33s

• First Name (Displayed): Anthony
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 12:26:38 AM »
Yeah this is kind of a split between taking a chance and not doing your job...  the mom and son were obviously in the wrong, and needed to be stopped.  The cop that shot, may or may not have known who else or "what" else was in the car.  It does look like he shot at the tires, but there still could have been the slight chance that he missed and hit someone inside...  All in all, i think the officers did what they needed to do in this case.  Glad nobody got hurt for the mothers dumb actions...

he should have tazed her the moment she started resisting though...
I could write something cliché and insightful, but that would be too cliché and insightful.

I shoot first... its better to give than to receive

Offline Smashfacekrav

• First Name (Displayed): Smashfacekrav
thoughts? Officer shooting at car full of kids...
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 07:41:24 PM »
The media loves to Monday-morning quarterback and so does the public. Police officers MUST make split second decisions. I may not completely understand their reasoning but I can see how mistakes/bad decisions can be made in tense situations. 

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton