General Category > Announcements

Michigan Supreme Court denies CADL leave to appeal

<< < (10/10)

TheQ:
I'm sure the courts would see through it as an attempt to bypass preemption and strike it down.

Hyperion:

--- Quote from: jgillmanjr on November 22, 2013, 06:20:55 AM ---Actually, although you are still quite smart for using Linux (Debian > * b***hes), it is not actually a typo.

You'll see this in other opinions as well (all that I've looked at, in fact) - both supreme court and COA.

I think the J just refers to the fact they are a justice or judge. I'm not 100% sure, but this is the only thing I can think of. You'll also see P.J. (I'm guessing Primary Justice/Judge) and JJ (probably just indicative of a 'regular' Justice/Judge).

So for example, if you look at the Partial Concurrence/Dissent (http://publicdocs.courts.mi.gov:81/opinions/final/coa/20121025_c304582(65)_rptr_140o-304582-final.pdf) for the COA case, you'll see GLEICHER, P.J. even though the first name and middle initital are Elizabeth L.

Like I said, I'm not 100% what the J stands for, but I'm 99.999999999999999999999% that it's not a typo.

--- End quote ---

J = "Judge" in all Michigan State courts except MSC, then it's "Justice".  P= "Presiding".  All in all your guessing was top-notch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version