Author Topic: Woman tries to bring loaded gun into Detroit court  (Read 4445 times)

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
Woman tries to bring loaded gun into Detroit court
« on: November 21, 2013, 06:13:48 PM »
She was on her way into court with her mother and attorney to face home invasion, assault and larceny charges.

Deputies determined she did not even have a CPL.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/woman-tries-to-bring-loaded-gun-into-detroit-court/-/1719418/23091408/-/xdaw63z/-/index.html

Is complete idiot a valid defense for criminal charges?
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline drtodd

• MOC Member
  • MOC Charter Member
Re: Re: Woman tries to bring loaded gun into Detroit court
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 08:18:05 PM »
She was on her way into court with her mother and attorney to face home invasion, assault and larceny charges.

Deputies determined she did not even have a CPL.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/woman-tries-to-bring-loaded-gun-into-detroit-court/-/1719418/23091408/-/xdaw63z/-/index.html

Is complete idiot a valid defense for criminal charges?

It also appears to be unregistered.
"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." Miller v. U.S. 230 F 486 at 489

"Where rights as secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which will abrogate them." Miranda v. Ariz., 384 U.S. 436 at 491 (1966).

Offline Smashfacekrav

• First Name (Displayed): Smashfacekrav
Woman tries to bring loaded gun into Detroit court
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 09:36:48 PM »
Detroit courts are still operating? 

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Woman tries to bring loaded gun into Detroit court
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 04:43:32 PM »
MOAR!

DETROIT (WWJ) – A Detroit woman will be arraigned in district court in Romulus after she allegedly tried to bring a loaded gun into a Detroit courthouse.

Jamaica Bruton

The prosecutor says 24-year-old Jamaica Bruton did not have a permit for the .40 caliber pistol discovered at the security checkpoint in her purse.

Bruton was entering the court to face charges of assault and breaking into a home (home invasion, assault and larceny charges).

She’s been charged with carrying a concealed weapon and is being held in jail on $10,000 bond.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/11/22/woman-facing-additional-charges-after-attempting-to-bring-gun-into-courthouse/

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 04:51:14 PM »
unregistered gun in detroit.... say it aint so.... and people wonder why i like to carry my legally registered pistol... better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

Offline part deux

• MOC Member
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 07:04:23 PM »
unregistered gun in detroit.... say it aint so.... and people wonder why i like to carry my legally registered pistol... better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it
Stop and search will make sure every firearm is legally registered.

Offline jfmi87

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 10:47:51 PM »
Stop and search will make sure every firearm is legally registered.
Hopefully your local PD didn't fall asleep when you sent your agency/MSP PSR copy and neglect to do their part...