Author Topic: OC @ SC4  (Read 4497 times)

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
OC @ SC4
« on: December 12, 2013, 09:27:43 AM »
is it legal to OC at st clair county community college? i think its owned by the county not a private holdings group. wouldnt a CPL carrier then be able to OC while on the property? i know alot of the trade schools such as baker and ITT are privately owned so private property rules apply which in turn means no guns. a friend i work with is interested in OC and has his CPL and wondered about this, i figured i would ask the pros :) any insight will be helpful

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: OC @ SC4
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 11:02:10 AM »
Although it may be legal, if he is a student or employee he could still lose his job or get kicked out of school if it is against their rules.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 11:03:59 AM »
ty sir. i will let him know. and try to get him to join moc :)

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 05:55:16 PM »
So the CADL
Although it may be legal, if he is a student or employee he could still lose his job or get kicked out of school if it is against their rules.
can't make rules regulating patrons, but SC Comm College can? I know that pre-emption doesn't apply to employees of local units of government.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
OC @ SC4
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 06:45:37 PM »
Voluntarily attending a school and agreeing to follow student policy may be considered a voluntary waiver of your 2A rights while on campus.

It would be an interesting court case.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 08:01:47 PM »
Voluntarily attending a school and agreeing to follow student policy may be considered a voluntary waiver of your 2A rights while on campus.

It would be an interesting court case.
Is it a condition of enrollment? Or is it a promulgated rule for presence upon the campus?
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update