Author Topic: Kicked out of Best Buy  (Read 12646 times)

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
Kicked out of Best Buy
« on: December 06, 2013, 09:32:27 AM »
OC'ed at best buy in chesterfield, the manager asked me to remove my gun as it was against company policy. well little did he know i was educated in BB company policy and they follow state and fed laws. i said i will step outside if you wish. please call your DM and corporate security to enlighten yourself on the company policy. he said i am the manager and my rules over rule theirs. :) BB corporate is getting a email with a voice clip of that and i am filing a formal complaint against that DB at the store :) they missed on a $1700 washer/dryer purchase and i went to ABC warehouse to purchase. i made sure to include that with the email to corporate :)

keep calm and carry on

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
Re: Kicked out of Best Buy
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 02:21:16 PM »
bb corporate called me today and apologized for issues last night, the reiterated what i had stated earlier that best buy's firearm policy follow state/fed laws. they will be sure to educate the store manager of their policies. they also said the manager has a right to ask you to leave if it is making the employees or customers feel uncomfortable. the bad part is the manager never told me that it was making anyone uncomfortable.

either way i said thats fine i wont be patronizing that store ever again and if you check my rewards points history i make alot of purchases there and they have lost a life long good customer. i ended by saying they need to educate managers on this to prevent another issue such as this from happening when someone is within their legal rights and decides to carry a firearm legally for their protection

Offline Raggs

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 03:28:22 PM »
"they also said the manager has a right to ask you to leave if it is making the employees or customers feel uncomfortable."

And the catch-all, the manager was likely uncomfortable

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 03:33:14 PM »
true. sucks that they made such a fuss about a holstered firearm and in turn lost a good sized sale and good customer.

Offline Raggs

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 03:34:27 PM »
true. sucks that they made such a fuss about a holstered firearm and in turn lost a good sized sale and good customer.

The Best Buy I usually go to has never mentioned my firearm.

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 03:43:42 PM »
The Best Buy I usually go to has never mentioned my firearm.

ditto, I have never had a issue at the Roseville store.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 04:28:29 PM »
apparently this manager doesnt approve of OC and since hes the manager he made a fuss. i was in full hunting camo too. that may have played a part. we were small game hunting yesterday. i guess i will make the trek to roseville to get items from best buy in the future.

Offline Raggs

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 04:30:19 PM »
apparently this manager doesnt approve of OC and since hes the manager he made a fuss. i was in full hunting camo too. that may have played a part. we were small game hunting yesterday. i guess i will make the trek to roseville to get items from best buy in the future.

Sadly the way you are attired does in fact matter.

Offline hevymetal

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 05:28:06 PM »
bb corporate called me today and apologized for issues last night, the reiterated what i had stated earlier that best buy's firearm policy follow state/fed laws. they will be sure to educate the store manager of their policies. they also said the manager has a right to ask you to leave if it is making the employees or customers feel uncomfortable. the bad part is the manager never told me that it was making anyone uncomfortable.

either way i said thats fine i wont be patronizing that store ever again and if you check my rewards points history i make alot of purchases there and they have lost a life long good customer. i ended by saying they need to educate managers on this to prevent another issue such as this from happening when someone is within their legal rights and decides to carry a firearm legally for their protection

Wait, what?? The one at 23 and Gratiot? I have been in there at least 8 times in the last month and a half for work related purchases and have been OCing at least 7 of the times and have never had a word mentioned about my firearm. Other then the tech guys in the back asking what kind it was. I think I will have to go there again this weekend and see what happens.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 06:56:44 PM »
"I am never going to Best Buy again."

"I am never going into that Best Buy ever again."
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline casper

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, 01:56:15 PM »
I open carried at the Best buy in Holland today, no issues.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 02:08:26 PM by casper »

Offline hevymetal

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 12:10:37 AM »
Was back at the BB at 23 and Gratiot OCed for about 1/2 an hour while shopping. Not a word was said by anyone, got a couple of the usual looks but no issues.

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 12:39:49 PM »
idk man, maybe the manager wasnt in or didnt notice you. he sure gave me a rough time.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 01:45:53 PM »
Again??? I thought you were never going back there ever.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 01:49:12 PM »
i will not be heading back there again, ive been going to the roseville location and had no issues yet. i had only went the the first time when i had posted. he was saying he didnt have an issue when he went recently

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 02:09:33 PM »
Again??? I thought you were never going back there ever.

hevymetal is not the OP

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 05:51:06 PM »
hevymetal is not the OP
I posted from a stupid smartphone. It didn't do the quote. I was responding to the most recent post by the OP where he commented about getting a rough time. But I do appreciate your assistance in keeping me straight as to whom the OP is.

BTW, how's the garden doing?

Offline scot623

• MOC Member
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2013, 08:52:18 AM »
I think it's safe to say the fastest way to illicit a negative reaction from businesses or the public in general is to open carry while wearing full camo coming off like a militia member or rocking the fully blacked out mall ninja tactical look. It may not be "right", but it is true.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2013, 08:20:42 PM »
I have long said if one truly wants to be in "cammo" then dress in business casual, one damn near becomes invisible in most urban/suburban settings.  8)
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline autosurgeon

• MOC Treasurer
  • MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Ryan
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2013, 11:15:31 PM »
That is generally true .. Dress for the environ you wish to blend in to. Woodland camouflage in an urban environment is not blending in. It is sticking out.. And things that stick out get attention. Some good and some bad.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."