Author Topic: Vermont Town Sees Loophole To Push Gun Control  (Read 2239 times)

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Vermont Town Sees Loophole To Push Gun Control
« on: December 12, 2013, 09:57:11 PM »
BURLINGTON, Vt. — It’s against state law to try to regulate guns in the Green Mountain State, but city officials here are looking at what may be a loophole.

Burlington wants to be able to confiscate and secure weapons for up to five days following a domestic dispute, and enact other restrictions.  A second ordinance would make it illegal to carry a firearm inside a liquor establishment, while the third would require residents to obtain a permit before carrying a concealed weapon.

City Councilman Norm Blais told Vermont Watchdog the council has the authority to pass new city gun regulations because of a single clause — “except as otherwise provided by law” — that proceeds the state law making the firearms regulations illegal in Vermont.

http://watchdog.org/119612/burlington-aiming-gun-control-2014/

Offline Smashfacekrav

• First Name (Displayed): Smashfacekrav
Vermont Town Sees Loophole To Push Gun Control
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 10:28:49 PM »
By reading the comments at the end of the article, I don't this is likely to happen. I HATE how anti's when mentioning newton always mention how many deaths and injuries there were.  I smell Bloomberg in here somewhere.  It chaps my ass it really does.  I love the part about even constitutional rights even need regulation. Isn't the the point of a constitution to stop the govt from so much regulation. This guy should fired immediately for that alone.  "Loophole" to hang all the pro gunners with I guess   

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton