Author Topic: What do you carry? :-)  (Read 21840 times)

Offline Closing the Gap

Re: What do you carry? :-)
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2013, 07:38:13 PM »
Glock 22 gen 4
Beretta 92fs inox
Occasionally a single six 22mag for kicks and a bug p238 or shield 9.

Offline sircapsalot

• Land of the FREE
  • First Name (Displayed): Dj
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2013, 05:43:51 PM »
... or the Shoulder rig (same as the 22)...

my next holster i think is going to be a shoulder rig.. i have a galco IWB for my G19, and my Safariland ALS, now i want a shoulder holster just for the convenience... it's nice sometimes not to feel that gravity on your belt.  I'd definitely rather feel it on my shoulders.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2013, 06:32:35 PM »
I want to get a shoulder holster just for lounging around in the house.  I typically have to carry it around in a holster at home.  I can't exactly put it on a pair of cotton shorts, it will sag down to my knee and I don't want to wear something with a belt all the time.

Offline 32_d3gr33s

• First Name (Displayed): Anthony
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2013, 12:47:12 AM »
I bought a shoulder holster for my lcr and M&P, and honestly, i think ive used it 3 or 4 times in the past 9 months since i got it.  Not as comfortable as i imagined.  the holster needs to be balanced, so i store my mags in a pouch on the other side, but bending over etc the holster swings in the way.  maybe im just wearing it wrong.  I usually only wear it on my motorcycle under my jacket. 
I could write something cliché and insightful, but that would be too cliché and insightful.

I shoot first... its better to give than to receive

Offline drtodd

• MOC Member
  • MOC Charter Member
Re: Re: What do you carry? :-)
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2013, 07:16:24 PM »
Grif is right. I generally carry a full size stainless1911 (not to be confused with brainless1911). With an over shirt and the right holster (not a serpa), I can conceal it from observance by the average person. I don't have a serpa for any of my 3 stainless1911s (again not to be confused with brainless1911). I do have a serpa for my HK USP45. But I don't use it too often. I'd say how I don't like to, because of the wear plastic holsters have on the gun's protective finish, but I don't want to appear to be butthurt when mentioning my serpa holster. But I do use my serpa holster when I want retention while carrying my HK USP45, because my serpa holster is the only retention holster I have for my HK USP45. I don't have a serpa holster for any of my other firearms.

Beautifully stated.

G23 in a dangerous holster (OC); in a smart carry when CC
or
P64 in a Fobus when I feel it tactically wise for OC; in a Smart Carry when CC.

BUG P64 in smart carry and/or NAA 22Mag, (with the holster grip) in pocket
"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." Miller v. U.S. 230 F 486 at 489

"Where rights as secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which will abrogate them." Miranda v. Ariz., 384 U.S. 436 at 491 (1966).

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2013, 10:16:26 PM »
Varies wildly & depends on weather, where I'm going, etc... it is usually 3 pistols one OC and two CC. Since AZ has knife preemption, usually carry a automatic knife or two also. Cooler weather often carry twin FNH FNX-45's (stainless of  course):P one in a safariland and the other in a vertical shoulder rig weak side. And if I am headed into the brush I will take along my Condor combat machete ... 8)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 10:40:40 PM by Glock9mmOldStyle »
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2013, 11:24:31 PM »
Where was that pic taken?  Jealous.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: What do you carry? :-)
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2013, 11:52:01 PM »
Where was that pic taken?  Jealous.

At the northeast edge of the sonoran desert in the valley of the sun (phoenix valley -huge area,think larger than metro Detroit tri-county area). View is looking southwest. I was walking the dog and was about a 1/4 mile from my house. 8)
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993