Author Topic: Carrying at the GYM?  (Read 7931 times)

Offline Jeff

Carrying at the GYM?
« on: December 21, 2013, 10:16:13 PM »
So I highly doubt that there are any gyms that allow you to open carry in the building while working out.  If there are, please tell me.

That being said CC seems to be the only option at this time.  I just wear gym shorts and a button shirt while I workout.  What would be good to be able to carry at the gym?  Tactical fanny pack?  Belly band? Shoulder holster? 

Do any of you frequent a gym? what do you do/would you do?

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
Re: Carrying at the GYM?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 10:31:40 PM »
I saw a youtube video about conceal carrying at the gym.  The guy said he actually uses a fanny pack.  He mentioned that you shouldn't feel ashamed about wearing a fanny pack.  if you do, you have self esteem issues.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 10:35:24 PM »
I wouldn't be ashamed to wear a fanny pack.  I go at about midnight where there are less than 10 people in the gym.  I was considering ordering one off optics planet while they still have their 10% off.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 11:49:42 PM »
How do you carry when, after the workout, you go into the sauna or steam room? 

Offline Jeff

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 02:41:00 PM »
How do you carry when, after the workout, you go into the sauna or steam room?

It wouldn't be pretty or comfortable, and you might walk kind of funny and be very uncomfortable to sit down.  If you know what I mean.

Offline Xpiatio

• First Name (Displayed): Benjamin
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 03:11:16 PM »
Here's the video of the youtube vid I mentioned in a reply above.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 06:42:21 PM »
haha, I love YM videos.

All of my friends said if I wear a fanny pack at the gym I will have gay people hitting on me all the time because it screams homosexual.  Whatever, even if that's the case, I would rather have people think about me that way than have a bullet in my face from some crazy man that comes in shooting up the place.  AND besides, who doesn't want to be hit on every now and then RIGHT?

One of my friends says I'm paranoid if I feel the need to carry in the gym.  I just said No, because people have gone into gyms shooting and it can happen and I would rather not get murdered with no chance to defend myself.  He just laughed and called me a gun nut.

I didn't have to go into the whole...do people wearing seatbels make them paranoid, and having fire extinguishers in their house speech.

Offline fozzy71

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 09:13:31 AM »
I OC'd in to Anytime Fitness to talk about a membership.  They said they didn't have an issue with it and said they had LEO that worked out there.  I told them I want to be absolutely sure before I signed a membership because I would be carrying when I exercised, not leaving it in their lockers.  They said they would ask the owner.  I went in the next day and they said the owner didn't want it because they were afraid of it going off when I worked out.   :o

I bought a Desantis Gunny Sack Jr for my BUG and coated it with Never Wet to block out perspiration but I haven't went anywhere else yet looking to sign up. 

Offline fsr402

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 09:57:28 AM »
  AND besides, who doesn't want to be hit on every now and then RIGHT?

Be careful what you wish for LOL.. I had a guy at the downtown GR YMCA walk into my shower stall 3 times then I caught him peeping thru the curtain. At which point I became extremely verbal and irate. He ran and hid in another shower stall before I was able to exit mine to beat him down.   

Offline METL

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 10:04:21 AM »
I just IWB carry a DB9.

Wear gym shorts with a draw string... cinch it down tight...  never have a problem.   Small uncle mike's #2 pocket holster.   I've ran 5-6 miles many times with this and never had it even loosen up.

Offline Super Trucker

• MOC Member
Re: Re: Carrying at the GYM?
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 10:15:07 AM »
It wouldn't be pretty or comfortable, and you might walk kind of funny and be very uncomfortable to sit down.  If you know what I mean.
" Democrat carry " is not an acceptable topic for discussion.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 05:34:55 PM »
Be careful what you wish for LOL.. I had a guy at the downtown GR YMCA walk into my shower stall 3 times then I caught him peeping thru the curtain. At which point I became extremely verbal and irate. He ran and hid in another shower stall before I was able to exit mine to beat him down.

An angry naked man grappling him in the shower, his Christmas came early. hahahahahahahhahaha

" Democrat carry " is not an acceptable topic for discussion.

LoL nice.

Offline Jeff

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 05:53:42 PM »

Offline fsr402

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013, 09:37:51 PM »
I seen a guy in Grand Haven this past summer wearing some 511 pants, UA shirt and that fanny pack. I started laughing a little and the wife asked me what was so funny. I pointed him out and said "who is he trying to kid, he may as well grow a set and open carry it. Anyone with half a brain knows what's in there"..

Should work well for the gym though.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2013, 11:12:33 PM »
511 pants, UA shirt and that fanny pack.

Tactical operator, for sure. 

Offline fsr402

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2013, 09:30:49 AM »
Tactical operator, for sure. 
Only thing better would have been he ditched the fanny pack for a drop leg holster.  ;D

Offline Smashfacekrav

• First Name (Displayed): Smashfacekrav
Carrying at the GYM?
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2013, 08:17:51 PM »

That was you, sorry bout that.

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton

Offline fsr402

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2013, 06:56:15 AM »
That was you, sorry bout that.

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton

No you're not