Author Topic: OC at Meijers?  (Read 26068 times)

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: OC at Meijers?
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2013, 07:30:35 PM »
Aren't people that OC shot first?

How do they live long enough to make it to Meijers?
That's what happens to me.
And it's usually with my own gun that they grab from my non-retention holster.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline 91 whiskey

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2014, 01:46:19 AM »
I oc at the 28th and Kalamazoo store all the time now.  The only "issue" I had was when another customer looked up from their cart, saw me and made a bee line to the nearest employee. I ducked in the next aisle and hear  the employee tell the guy that what I was doing is legal and company policy is to follow state laws regarding firearms.
Elephants and Asses
Screwing The Masses.

Offline #1Gunner

• MOC Member
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2014, 01:02:01 PM »
Ive been reading about experiences here and on OCDO.  For those of you who have gone into Meijer, have you run into the Greeter standing right at the entrance?  What were those interactions like?
Do it all the time at Meijer in West Bloomfield. New years eve I had to do some last minute shopping and was carrying my Blackhawk Thigh RIG with a my G-30 no issues but many did notice. Its hard to miss... Now I am sure I was noticed by the store personell however nobody said a word.

JohnnyLovesHisGlocks

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2014, 01:57:49 AM »
I have gone to Meijers a few times and the people standing there just look at me rather than just saying " Hello, and welcome to Meijers. I hope you take a glance at our handgun ammo in isle 28 on the top shelf " but maybe its because I wink and blow kisses to them.

Offline TucTom

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2014, 03:12:56 PM »
I quite often go to Meijer on west main st in Oshtemo. I have had a conversation with one of the greeters based on the way she greeted me the first time I saw her. She, being observant noticed my pistol / holster and then calmly said "welcome...... " Anyway, on the way out I told her how much I appreciated her not only greeting people but also that I noticed she was observant. The greeter went on to say something along the lines of that is part of the job.

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2014, 05:58:44 PM »
I have gone to Meijers a few times and the people standing there just look at me rather than just saying " Hello, and welcome to Meijers. I hope you take a glance at our handgun ammo in isle 28 on the top shelf " but maybe its because I wink and blow kisses to them.
I call B.S. Meijers doesn't have isles.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

JohnnyLovesHisGlocks

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2014, 02:45:48 AM »
I call B.S. Meijers doesn't have isles.

well they have these lane like things that have stuff packed in them.
so like the lane things that the stuff is in... that what i meant i'rekkon mhmm :-*

JohnnyLovesHisGlocks

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2014, 03:07:05 AM »
I oc at the 28th and Kalamazoo store all the time now.  The only "issue" I had was when another customer looked up from their cart, saw me and made a bee line to the nearest employee. I ducked in the next aisle and hear  the employee tell the guy that what I was doing is legal and company policy is to follow state laws regarding firearms.

Did you like scamper off and then dodge and then duck in the next lane over? that would have been funny, maybe a little suspicious.  ???

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
Re: Re: OC at Meijers?
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2014, 04:05:22 AM »
Did you like scamper off and then dodge and then duck in the next lane over? that would have been funny, maybe a little suspicious.  ???

Hey Johnny - does your mommy know you are up so late playing on the computer? :o

"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline karudin

• First Name (Displayed): Gregg
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2014, 11:03:59 AM »
I have OC'ed quite a bit to Meijer in Howell and person at the door greets me just the same as they do everyone else. I've gotten a few looks, but people just seem to mind their own business and move on. If you carry yourself like you are doing nothing wrong people don't bother you.

Offline bchapman833

• First Name (Displayed): Ben
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2014, 07:01:19 PM »
I actually think that Meijers is going to be the first place I OC once I get the "balls" to do it but I don't think I'm quite ready yet (still learning everything).

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
OC at Meijers?
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2014, 07:41:52 PM »

I actually think that Meijers is going to be the first place I OC once I get the "balls" to do it but I don't think I'm quite ready yet (still learning everything).

Do you have a CPL?
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2014, 09:48:08 PM »

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2014, 08:18:01 PM »

Wally Walk

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Wally%20Walk

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/4476/wallyworldmap.gif

+1 on the CPL required
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline packeagle

Re: Re: OC at Meijers?
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2014, 09:06:01 PM »
Wally Walk

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Wally%20Walk

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/4476/wallyworldmap.gif

+1 on the CPL required

I like that map. Its funny how people gravitate to these stores for their fist OC. My first time OC was in Walmart and Meijer(with CPL). I'm glad I found it to un eventful. It really helped ease me into feeling comfortable with OC.  I now OC in PFZ all the time and in the warmer months its nice to not feel the burden to CC in the warm weather.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Offline Jeff

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2014, 09:12:56 PM »
My first concealed was at Meijer 10 minutes after I got my CPL Then I exchanged a remote to wide open west near my house.  I believe my first OC was in a 7-11 other than around my neighborhood.

Offline bchapman833

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2014, 08:03:21 PM »
No I don't have a CPL. Now with you asking that means I have missed something in my research so guess I will have to keep researching.

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2014, 08:11:23 PM »
No I don't have a CPL. Now with you asking that means I have missed something in my research so guess I will have to keep researching.
Meijer has a liquor license.  You must have a CPL to carry (concealed or open) in any place that has a liquor license.  MCL 750.234d

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-750-234d

Offline TheQ

• Website Content Manager
  • MOC Lifetime Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc.
  • First Name (Displayed): Phillip
OC at Meijers?
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2014, 09:13:39 PM »

Read our FAQ thread, which is stickies in the OC Questions area. Pay special attention to reply number 22
I Am Not A Lawyer (nor a gunsmith).

Offline bchapman833

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2014, 05:29:24 PM »
Alright I'm lost, where is the FAQ Thread?? I'm sure I'm missing it somewhere