Author Topic: Court house OC  (Read 4214 times)

Offline Smashfacekrav

• First Name (Displayed): Smashfacekrav
Court house OC
« on: December 28, 2013, 07:29:04 PM »
This is what was discussed earlier between friends and I. I was informed that a court house in michigan eliminated OC with a CPL by having a private law firm occupy an office in the court house.  I was wondering if this is possible?  I don't have any other details because they did not have any details besides what I just posted.

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton

Offline Raggs

Re: Court house OC
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 07:53:39 PM »
 Michigan

Supreme Court Administrative Order 2001-1 It is ordered that weapons are not permitted in any courtroom, office, or other space used for official court business or by judicial employees unless the chief judge or other person designated by the chief judge has given prior approval consistent with the court's written policy.
http://www.ncsc.org/Topics/Courthouse-Facilities/Court-Security/State-Links.aspx?cat=Firearms%20in%20Courthouses%20and%20Courtrooms

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 08:16:36 PM »
Also good to note that the judicial branch is not preempted under MCL 123.1102.  I don't know the details, but something to pertaining to the legislative branch not being able to exert control over the judicial.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 02:15:25 AM »
This is what was discussed earlier between friends and I. I was informed that a court house in michigan eliminated OC with a CPL by having a private law firm occupy an office in the court house.  I was wondering if this is possible?  I don't have any other details because they did not have any details besides what I just posted.

General George Patton
Huh? How would having a private law firm occupy an office in a courthouse negate Open Carry?
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline Smashfacekrav

• First Name (Displayed): Smashfacekrav
Court house OC
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 12:52:03 PM »

Huh? How would having a private law firm occupy an office in a courthouse negate Open Carry?
my thought exactly

General George Patton