Author Topic: Holiday Christmas program at a church  (Read 5303 times)

Offline Smashfacekrav

• First Name (Displayed): Smashfacekrav
Holiday Christmas program at a church
« on: December 12, 2013, 09:22:58 PM »
OCed with out a hitch. My wife said it was like I was on a first date with it cause I talked about so much.  It was fun actually. I made much conversation and even spoke to the principle.  They said there was about 1200 people there and not a word. I did notice a few looks but nothing that was really unusual, Im kinda funny lookin ya know.   Not sure why for the nervousness cause it I have been OCing. Maybe it was the tight quarters and first time in a church.  OCing in a church that is.

Thanks fellas of MOC

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
General George Patton

Offline gryphon

• Administrator
  • First Name (Displayed): Dan
Re: Holiday Christmas program at a church
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 09:38:59 PM »
OCed with out a hitch...I made much conversation and even spoke to the principle.  They said there was about 1200 people there and not a word.
A recent story fits in with this.
LIMA — When Ohio first licensed citizens to carry a concealed handgun nearly 10 years ago, then U.S. Sen. Mike DeWine was a little skeptical.

He wasn't so sure it was a good idea.

But after nearly 10 years of concealed carry not only has DeWine, the current Ohio Attorney General whose office oversees the program, changed his mind but he became a supporter. He's also a licensed concealed carrier.

“People are just more comfortable with it and it's much more accepted that people can have a concealed carry permit,” DeWine said during a visit this week in Lima. “It's much more mainstream then it was when it started.”

Allen County Sheriff Sam Crish agreed.

People from all walks of life are getting their concealed carry license with women being one of the fastest growing groups. Crish also is hearing from a lot of people who opposed allowing citizens the right to carry concealed handguns but now support it, he said.

“That shock is over. When it first happened, it was 'Oh, that guy's carrying a gun.' It's now accepted by a lot of people. It's almost second nature.

http://www.limaohio.com/news/news/523081/Ohio-Attorney-General-sees-CCW-becoming-mainstream

Like CC becoming mainstream over time, my hope is that OC will also be seen as nothing out of the ordinary over time.

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 10:11:27 PM »
Great news! I've found often times I make a bigger deal out of it that the supposed "sheeple" do.

Did you happen to record the event in any manner?

Offline Smashfacekrav

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 10:34:44 PM »

We are actually going to purchase the DVD they offer. There was so many people I  was not willing to fight the battle to get close enough to video.
As my mom says "cross the bridge when come it, worry helps no one."

General George Patton

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 08:58:58 AM »
Heh, by record the "event", what I meant was, did you have some sort of recording device on your person? I'm more interested in you, but I can see how you focus on your children. :)

This is yet another example of nothing happening (just as it should). I would like to be able to document the experience and perhaps show it to any politician that might get his/her panties in a bunch. There are many out there (even "gun owners") that say you WILL cause panic. I have yet to find this to be the case.

Offline Smashfacekrav

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 01:51:00 PM »

Heh, by record the "event", what I meant was, did you have some sort of recording device on your person? I'm more interested in you, but I can see how you focus on your children. :)

Miscommunication is great. Lol. No. I did recruit my wife to record any event should it happen. Having a device is not a bad idea though.

General George Patton

Offline #1Gunner

• MOC Member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 01:04:46 PM »
OCed with out a hitch. My wife said it was like I was on a first date with it cause I talked about so much.  It was fun actually. I made much conversation and even spoke to the principle.  They said there was about 1200 people there and not a word. I did notice a few looks but nothing that was really unusual, Im kinda funny lookin ya know.   Not sure why for the nervousness cause it I have been OCing. Maybe it was the tight quarters and first time in a church.  OCing in a church that is.

Thanks fellas of MOC

General George Patton
With a Principal there are you sure you were not in a school?

Offline casper

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 02:29:03 PM »
Great news! I've found often times I make a bigger deal out of it that the supposed "sheeple" do.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to use the term "sheeple".

Offline Smashfacekrav

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 03:14:05 PM »
With a Principal there are you sure you were not in a school?
principal. Got it.

General George Patton

Offline #1Gunner

• MOC Member
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 03:19:32 PM »
principal. Got it.

General George Patton
I OC'd in my church at a wedding rehearsel no issues although I am pretty sure nobody noticed. I wonder what the Priest etc. wouldhave said. My entire family and I don't see eye to eye on the whole OC and Gun thing. They still think the Cops will protect them.