Author Topic: sig sauer ar15  (Read 3734 times)

Offline kryptonian

• First Name (Displayed): dave
sig sauer ar15
« on: January 01, 2014, 08:17:50 PM »
I am contemplating buying a new sig sauer m400 ar15. I have a sig p228 9mm and been very pleased with it for over 20 years. this model is reasonably priced. just wanted to know if anybody has any first hand knowledge about it. I've been talking myself in and out of it for a month but recent political events make me think it is time before it is too late.
other comparable brands I have considered are smith and Wesson m&p and colt also has a reasonably priced version all around $1000. any commentary appreciated. I know I am begging the Simpson's 'comic book guy' types to pop up but lets keep it helpful. thanks
i don't fear the barking dog...i'm scared of the quiet dog

Offline CV67PAT

• MOC Charter Member
Re: sig sauer ar15
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 09:34:58 PM »
I like the quality of Sig products also. I had a great Sig .45 and I special purchased a Sig556 and made it into a MiPistol. Not having any experience with a Sig AR, but based on those experiences I wouldn't hesitate to get one. Well except that I am a Colt kook aide drinker.
Want to keep informed of events in your area? Go to http://www.miopencarry.org/update

Offline kryptonian

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 03:46:32 PM »
colt fan here too cv67pat...carried a colt trooper mark III .357 as LEO in texas..today I found a smith and Wesson ar15 new in the box $720 in howell..was soooo close to buying

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 04:08:49 PM »
alot of my buddies have the S&W m&P 15 and they love them, lots of accessories and aftermarket parts to add. i have not heard anything bad about them from my buddies

Offline kryptonian

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 08:49:36 PM »
if anybody cares I bought the M&P 15 sport today...love it....haven't named it yet