Author Topic: Detroit police chief: Legal gun owners can deter crime From The Detroit News: h  (Read 2511 times)

Offline bigt8261

• MOC President
  • MOC Board Member
    • Michigan Open Carry, Inc
  • First Name (Displayed): Tom
Well, would you look at that. The Chief of Police in Detroit of all places.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140103/METRO01/301030038

Offline SD40VE

• SE Region Posse
  • New Haven, Macomb County
  • First Name (Displayed): Bradley
crap i was going to post this! u beat me to it!

i go to detroit alot for various reasons. where it is legal to carry i do, everytime. i have little to no faith in the DPD after so many years of living in the city.

Offline Glock9mmOldStyle

• MOC Member
It's a start. I give this chief a year tops before the Rats beneath him chew him to bits. Note he said nothing about the hundreds of thousands in Detroit who are eligible to legally own firearms and legally OPEN CARRY them? ???

Guess he can't be too serious about citizens taking responsibility for their own safety? Clearly DPD is doing such a great job with a whopping 40% solved rate on homicides in "their" town.   :o
"It is now more likely that a person will be the victim of a violent crime than that he will be in an auto accident. Despite this, most people readily believe that the existence of the police relieves them of the responsibility to take full measures to protect themselves."
 -Jeffrey Snyder 1993

Offline linux203

• MOC Member
  • First Name (Displayed): Daniel
Police Chief James Craig: More guns could equal less crime in Detroit
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 11:13:48 PM »
Police Chief James Craig: More guns could equal less crime in Detroit

DETROIT, MI -- The Detroit Police Department has taken action in recent years through gun-buyback events to remove guns, legal or not, from the streets of Detroit.

But first-year Police Chief James Craig takes a slightly different approach. He says in the hands of legal, law-abiding citizens, firearms "could be a deterrence to violent crime."

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2014/01/police_chief_james_craig_more.html

Yes, OUT *FREAKIN* STANDING!!!  Hopefully his philosophy flows down through the ranks and spreads to other jurisdictions.
When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace. Luke 11:21

Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."  Luke 22:36